Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

Seriously?
You don’t recognise sarcasm?

How do you figure he was not educated. Because you did not like it and you were challenged by it?
I think you missed the brief. You are meant to try and insult him by calling him a troll.
Get with the program!

1 Like

You forgot to mention the state of the education system 30 years ago…

1 Like

If someone jumps in front of you with a pot on his head, banging it adnausuem, shouting my cat is a 50 year old woman named pertinia!" Would you be challenged by that? Our would you say he was challenged?

The only thing challenged by what you, Trip and sorted say, is our patience, not our understanding.

2 Likes

I’m sure there is therapy available for that. Good luck.

Well, maybe not the Greens or Labor but it’s the latte sipping inner suburb softies who allow the coal plants to be bought and closed 20 years late by these wonderful energy companies.

Wait…

1 Like

I want to know why it has been so long since Trip gave us a review of the Green Left Weekly.

Why are both sides of the argument being such arsewipes? Seriously, how hard is it to have a reasonable discussion about it all?

1 Like

Sarcasm always goes right over my head.

Because in any issue where there’s a denial agenda it turns into an arsewipe arms race. Reasonable discussion is the difficult part. As soon as one person tries to reasonably answer something the other person accuses them of being unreasonable for not agreeing and so on and so forth.

As does logic & common sense for the Troglodyte trio.

1 Like

Maybe that was a rhetorical question.

But if not, then it easy being a dead set arsewipe to those who refuse to be in any way reasonable. Benfti and I disagree over Politics, JBomber and I disagree over most things, but we can have discussions that don’t end up in abuse.

But TripEss and his merry men, only exist to create havoc, and when challenge cannot post any sensible response . It is best to ignore them, but they are very annoying, bit like a dead possum in your roof.

Fixed?

NSW
Households will have to pay up to $400 a year more for power from July because of a 50 per cent increase in the wholesale electricity price.

And there are fears NSW could become the next South Australia, with the cost of doing business to become so high that manufacturers will flee the state. The shock price hike of ­between 10-20 per cent comes on the back of closures to Victoria’s Hazlewood coal power plant and South Australia’s Northern power station.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/households-will-pay-up-to-400-more-for-power-because-of-the-rising-cost-of-wholesale-electricty/news-story/e48382071b273f212ab1b3584262517c

It’s not going to stop at the border, or just plain stop.

Reality bites.

1 Like

They shut down Hazelwood by tripiling the price of royalties on coal.

1 Like

So it had nothing to do with the investment required to bring it to the standards of a modern power plant. It was supposed to be closed down or refurbished in early 2000’s under SECV plans, but the new owners sucked every bit of profit out it until it was too old to be refurbished. They have gone away with a shiteload of our money; and the bucketload of money they originally paid Jeffrey Kennett gave us little in return.

And sorfed the “royalties” on coal have been raised in line with the same levels as the rest of Australia, raising about an extra $60 million per year; which passed on to users is less than $50 per year. for a household. The large price increases from Power Companies has just added to their mega-profits.

3 Likes

Look you don’t understand.

So long as it looks like we are doing something then it doesn’t matter if people lose their jobs.
They are just uneducated bogans who never went to private school anyway. Its their fault for not choosing a cushy taxpayer job or getting a law degree.

1 Like

@mods, can you please merge the last few posts into the politics thread?

1 Like

Sadly Benny, climate change seems to be all about politics, not reality and the destruction of the planet.

3 Likes

I like that it gets portrayed as a cult. What about the cult of endless fossil fuel business? Seems more fitting to me. Keep denying the scientific evidence. We must prevail or our world view is under threat.