Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

It’s just plant food. Blah, blah, blah.

Let’s play a game, what do people think where the key differences in the ecology the last time the planet had a co2 level of over 400ppm to what the ecology is now.

dunno wasn’t around back then.

1 Like

You are really working hard to prove yourself an idiot.

You really shouldn’t bother.

But we are reducing fossil fuel emissions yet the climate change issue (according to some of the rocket scientists on here) is still getting bigger.

Now that would suggest that reducing emissions has no impact on reducing climate change.

Is that your best shot? The hole in the ozone layer didn’t suddenly fix itself the moment we started phasing out CFCs either. If you really believe ‘reducing emissions has no impact on reducing climate change’ then you are rejecting the the finding that emissions cause CC in the 1st place - where is your evidence for this? Put up or shut up.

You know it is possible to believe that whilst emissions may cause CC that going to renewables does nothing to lessen the impact.
Its not really that hard to comprehend.

So reducing cause won’t reduce effect? Is this some kind of fiendishly clever logic trap?

Yep, look out!

Well so far it hasn’t.
In fact, its gotten even worse according to the doomsayers here.

Is that seriously your response? You do realise that by emitting less we are reducing impact even if it’s by a gram

I’d like to credit you with some intelligence, so I’m trying to follow your argument which seems to be: FF emissions are the major cause of global warming, but addressing the cause is ineffective because temps are still increasing.

Do you realise that, in spite of all efforts, global CO2 emissions have been steadily increasing until the last couple of years where emissions have flatlined (largely credited to renewables by the way)? Considering this, and that greenhouse gasses trap heat and presumably take some time to dissipate, why would you reasonably expect temps to be reducing by now?

I suggest you take a step back from political sloganeering and think through your argument. Try to be self-critical & test the strength of your logic.

Lucky we have all those forrests and oceans with low acidification to absorb the excess carbon… oh wait…

I think the point is, the coal and oil industries are our friends.

Especially if you are the working poor.

Blatantly obvious these people are just collateral damage to the Left.
I doubt if they have even met any working poor people.

Stay on topic. Stop the political sloganeering. Put forward a coherent argument. Or go away.

You fkwit. You total raving lying fkwit.

That statement right there, is why no one should bother.
Stop feeding this carnt oxygen.

Charming as always.
Abuse accompanied by, well nothing really, just more abuse.

Sigh - I have put forward a coherent argument. You are just flumoxxed in how to deal with it,

Lets repeat it again, shall we (mind you its probably the 10th time now)

Increasing dependency on renewable energy has had little to no impact on climate change.
As it currently stands, this is a true and accurate statement based on actual evidence - ie we have increased renewable energy use - Tick. Climate change has not subsided. Tick