Climate Change in Australia (Part 1)

I suppose these guys didn’t buy a computer, my:
My first computer was a Commodore 64 bought about 6 months after they were first released.

Mobile phones to me are a complete waste of money unless used as a tool at work unlike the tools you see on the train or crossing roads with their heads down.

Flat screen TV, you are correct there. When they were first on the market you were looking at $14000 and up, have you bought a $14,000 TV lately?

I mean, the cost of those were sky high when released. How will the working poor ever afford it? No. Better to stick with Bakelite telephones,
Again, arguing out of ignorance, when we moved into our first home there was a 14 month waiting list in our area to be connected to a landline, the wonders of government run businesses. By the way Bakelite was used because the modern COAL derived plastic that you use extensively had not been invented.

Cathode tubes.
I assume you are talking TV, my father purchased a Pope Motorola 21" B&W TV around the late 50’s for 320 pounds when his wage as a bricklayer was 20 pounds week, 16 weeks wages, work that out in todays values.

Horses
Used to pull the bread cart, the ice cart and up until the early 70’s the milk cart.

Kerosene lamps.
Yes we had kerosene lamps, used them we went camping and also, and this may be relevant, as emergency lighting when the power went out as it did on a regular basis, a condition we are fast approaching in this state. These days you could use batteries but they go flat, Gas, good, but can be in trouble if you damage the mantle, Kerosene, good and reliable.

You forgot to mention driverless cars, I lived in Barkly St in 1955, an old Chinese market gardener would pick his vegetables in Moorabin early in the morning get on his cart and go to sleep, the horse would take to Queen Vic, he would unload get back on the cart go to sleep and the horses would take him home. GPS and driverless car all rolled into one.

The ultra thin & cheap next gen solar sheets I mentioned a while ago are in the final testing phase & almost ready for market.

If you’re unaware, these things are thinner than a human hair, and can be “Printed” on the same machine that Australia prints our, and many other countries now, Polymer money notes.

Just heard the final cost will be somewhere in the vicinity of $10 per square metre.

That’s TEN DOLLARS PER SQUARE METRE!!

And they can be put anywhere. I think it might make that solar tile obsolete from an economic sense before it even gets off the ground.

Coal and the grid, just heard it’s death knell if it hadn’t already.

1 Like

Where do we find this ?

Sounds too good to be true. I have about 300 sq meters on my office roof, so for $3000 we can make it a complete solar roof ? What ouput will I get and how much are all the extras?

Defunding in 3.2…

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure renewable tech never gets cheaper so…

2 Likes

I’d guess it’s an organic polymer layer that degrades relatively quickly.

Just put a deposit on a Redflow Z Cell to be basically used as a UPS, not connected to the solar system.
Price, $16,500 for the Z Cell, $20,000 all up including inverter, control; box and installation.
Will charge at OP and run selected appliances during the Peak times.
Can be programmed to charge and maintenance discharge at selected times.

Tesla solar tiles are 364mm x 184mm, 80% P.E producing 6 watts, individual connections, 6.4m2 per Kw and are virtually unbreakable, Tesla claims an extremely long life but how would you know. The average house would support a 5-6 Kw system, pricing roughly $36,000 plus dummy tiles.

Salesman gave me an example of a 620m2 Queensland house they are installing 6 Z Cells and a 60 Kw solar system, can’t remember whether he said $160,000 or $190,000. That’s enough to make your eyes water.

1 Like

Yahweh made all the animals and plants so they were all the same.

they took the jerbs!

I’m guessing not connected to your solar cause of the rebate issues right?

I think the coal industry calls it a “fuel excise”.

What I do agree with in this article is that the environmental cost of building massive wind towers is often not considered, or conveniently omitted by the Wind Industry.

Some 300 very large (150 m) wind turbines are planned for our area with 190 already having construction started.

The estimates from our Shire Engineers that the crushed rock needed to build this infrastructure (300 tonne concrete base and access roads) would take supply from all quarries within a 500 km radius. Meaning no supply for roadworks and other building, and massive extra freight costs.

The rest of the assertions are misleading, like using a total energy consumed figure is bizarre.

I hate wind farms but you cannot deny renewable energy is vital to the future. In my view small wind turbines and solar will work, and the expense it irrelevant, considering the ultimate cost of doing nothing.

And note sorfed, that like Matt Ridley, the author of that Spectator article, I also have a vested interest in coal with much of the sales of our products going into coal mining sites.

Right.
Use the battery during peak and recharge at the cheaper off-peak rates.
Let the warmist suckers pay.

You have my sympathy I talked to a couple that ran a pottery at Toora and on occassions they had to take a motel room in Port Welshpool to escape the noise.
I am suprised that is only 300 tonnes of concrete for the base, almost every source quotes between 700 and 1000 tonnes.

And another truckload of money down the drain on “free” energy.

1 Like

That’s more the management at fault on the above. Put them in charge of any project and the same probably would’ve happened.

Fun too the articles you seem to post are always the mirror solar type as opposed to the type that is put on your roof. Most large projects have moved onto fixed solar panels cause it’s cheaper and has less moving parts like motors and stuff that can break down.

I actually think it’s a very valid point. If man made climate change is as accepted and as big of an issue as some in this thread believe, let people choose what energy they pay for. Warmists won’t have an issue paying extra for new renewable projects and those that don’t believe can continue to pay for cheaper power.

I’d be interested to know what the take up rate was a few years ago when there was an option to pay for green power.

I suppose you couldn’t see the point in reducting CFCs either.

Surprised his family aren’t still on horseback.

1 Like