Club Slogans for 2018 - #Catchy_HassshTag

I presume it’s for $$$ from merchandising.

How many people do we put in a room for how long to come up with that ? Don’t think we have any right to criticise any other club when “Yess” is the most creative slogan we can roll out.
Maybe something to do with fan loyalty and/or record membership numbers could of been an idea.

2 Likes

I loved when we had We Are Essendon, and Fark Carlton mocked us for its simplicity and banality.

Two years later they came up with We Are Carlton

12 Likes

Is there a please on the end of that YESS?

Not sure I really like ours, but it’s better than a lot of the others. WCE… WTF!!!

And also, I prefer it to EssendNo

Horrendous for the most part. Don’t mind the Dees as much as some of the others. WC, is uhm, well the less said about it the better. This is one BBlitz could and should have done.

1 Like

Probably need to see the marketing material associated with the slogans to truely judge.

Yes, but they haven’t copied us, coz if they did they would have decided on “We Are Essendon”

ESS

1 Like

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s320x320/sh0.08/e35/18011851_1790522474596579_7135770085615992832_n.jpg
ESS

ESS

Or you could even use the mini Joe from the ad for the YESS campaign.

2 Likes

Do I just hate Freo too much or is theirs really poor?

Like wtf? Do they think they’re ready for a tilt?

Sounds like Adelaide stole theirs from the Mile High Club.

the last two words are in invisible ink ‘…and gone’

I despise marketing wankers. Stuff your manufactured influence up your own bleached backsides, jerkholes.

5 Likes

1 Like

I like the ones that use “journey”. Like you’re never gonna arrive at the destination for a really farking long time.

1 Like

I’d rather plunge unsterilized needles into my eyeballs than join ■■■■ Carltons “journey” the only journey these detestable ■■■■■ can go on is straight into the heart of isis controlled Syria.

1 Like
3 Likes

2019 it’s the E talking.

4 Likes

Such a sad bunch of slogans. Most have nothing to do with the club in question, but as others have said, get trotted out because the marketers need something new. The fact a bunch of theme song quotes written around the 1930s stir 10 times as much passion should make clear who has the best effort in my book. Ranking them from worst to best, what about:

1. Brisbane ‘Feel The Difference’- feeling difference? is it like feeling serenity? or something about racism?

2. West Coast ‘I’ll come and get you’- as if we don’t already have enough uber/taxi and violence links

3. C*rlton ‘Join the journey’-any journey line says low expectations, but alliteration just makes it worse

4. Hawthorn ‘Game Face On. Always.’- Get your face painted so no-one sees you leave at half time!

5. Melbourne ‘Be a part of our journey’ C*arlton’s marketers now being paid by the word.

6. Fremantle ‘The Time Has Come’ - Walrus and the Carpenter? What’s next year- Have a Merry Unbirthday?

7. Geelong ‘Stand Proud in 2018’ - something you say when everyone looks ashamed

8. Western Bulldogs ‘Where Real Strength Lives’ - marketers did the same Powerpoint they had for a building society, even though the building society knocked them back.

9. Collingwood ‘Forever Your Club. Forever Our Club.’ garbled feelgoods, handily abbreviated to FYCFOC.

10. Sydney ‘Be in the moments that matter’ marketers did the same Powerpoint they had for a television news team, even though the television new team accepted it years ago.

11. Gold Coast ‘Ride The Next Wave’- forget us, the next Gold Coast sporting fad is just around the corner

12. Port Adelaide ‘We Are Port Adelaide’ - done before by a club that uses it as a chant. Irrelevant AND derivative, but still in the top 8.

13. Adelaide ‘We Fly As One’ - done before by many clubs with avian mascots. Maybe something more specific to crows: “We are whingeing bin scavengers” ?

14. Essendon ‘YESS’ - vague link to the actual club, possibly falls short but thanks for trying.

15. St Kilda ‘Get your halo on’ - we’re coming out to beat you with our pious goodliness!

16. Greater Western Sydney ‘Be GIANT’ - who needs grammar in Western Sydney? But it is to the point.

17. North Melbourne : ‘Be a Shinboner’ - Beats GWS by using an article and a folksy nickname, which GWS may never have.

18. Richmond ‘Strong and Bold’ - Not that hard, every club could have grabbed a line from their song. Of course the marketers wanted “Risking head and shin”, but for once got overruled.

2 Likes