Coaches' media Conferences

The coaches' media conferences are a ■■■■■■ disgrace.Why can't we hear what the questions put to the coaches are ?

Nothing wrong with my hearing ..... I just had it tested ! In this modern age surely this can be fixed.Who do I complain to about this ?

The coaches' media conferences are a ■■■■■■ disgrace.Why can't we hear what the questions put to the coaches are ?

Nothing wrong with my hearing ..... I just had it tested ! In this modern age surely this can be fixed.Who do I complain to about this ?

Word. It's been a long time audio production issue at the AFL. Hire one more guy, who's job it is to hold a boom mic over the journalists as they speak. FFS, they could get an intern from SAE to do it for free... Eternal Amateur Hour!

Word. It's been a long time audio production issue at the AFL. Hire one more guy, who's job it is to hold a boom mic over the journalists as they speak. FFS, they could get an intern from SAE to do it for free... Eternal Amateur Hour!

AFL says that putting in extra microphones is the medias job.

Media says putting in extra microphones is the AFL responsibilities to its fans and staff

Rinse and repeat. They have so far only agreed to do it for finals.

Have the same problem watching the Footy Show (time in to laugh at Barrett) the mike for Gary is way down, and then the mike for the crowd is apeshit noisy.

Good reason to tune out

Who cares what the media asks? Only worth watching for GRUMPY MICK

Actually emailed the club about this last night, asking them to forward my query to the AFL since there is no way to contact them from their website. It really is ridiculous that you can have half the press conference on 7 with clear audio, then go to the AFL version and struggle to hear any questions.

Not just an AFL problem - the same thing happens with politician's press conferences. They like to use it to their advantage. When the press secretary of a pollie publishes the transcript, they just put "inaudible" instead of repeating any questions deemed to be too aggressive or insightful. Because it's not as if the question was given a direct answer, so this way they try to save embarrassment.

First world problems much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guOaI6_cF10

No such thing as a dumb question?

Actually emailed the club about this last night, asking them to forward my query to the AFL since there is no way to contact them from their website. It really is ridiculous that you can have half the press conference on 7 with clear audio, then go to the AFL version and struggle to hear any questions.

Good on you as I wanted to do the same but was not sure how or who would be the best to complain to. Let us know what reply you get please

Good on you as I wanted to do the same but was not sure how or who would be the best to complain to. Let us know what reply you get please

Just emailed the [email protected] address, suggest you do the same - haven't had a response yet but will let you know if I get a reply.

This is why they don't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c494h5mt_E

I remember doing free gigs!

I remember doing free gigs!

I emailed the Essendon Football club and this was the response from Ryan Mckee

Hi Ken
Thanks for contacting us, we‘re not particularly happy about it either.  I did a little digging at the AFL and they consider it an issue with the broadcaster, since they simply take the feed from the broadcaster to do their own video for the site.  Thus it might be worth sending a complaint to Channel 7 and see if that gets any traction.  Perhaps if they receive enough complaints, then they‘ll be motivated to put a mic on the reporters.

I‘ve also asked another staff member at the AFL for clarity on this and if I learn anything new, I‘ll let you know

isnt it another way the media cant be held accountable for anything they've said?

It's been going on for years, it improved about 12 months ago but is worse than ever now. Does this come under AFL governance and should the AFL be fined and should all supporters be compensated?>>??   

I emailed the Essendon Football club and this was the response from Ryan Mckee

Hi Ken
Thanks for contacting us, we‘re not particularly happy about it either.  I did a little digging at the AFL and they consider it an issue with the broadcaster, since they simply take the feed from the broadcaster to do their own video for the site.  Thus it might be worth sending a complaint to Channel 7 and see if that gets any traction.  Perhaps if they receive enough complaints, then they‘ll be motivated to put a mic on the reporters.

I‘ve also asked another staff member at the AFL for clarity on this and if I learn anything new, I‘ll let you know

I got a similar response:

Thanks for your email.  I tried to do a little digging at the AFL since as you said, contacting them yourself is probably not going to get you an answer.  It sounds like they consider it an issue with the broadcaster, as AFL.com.ausimply take the feed from them for their videos.  I‘m not sure, then, why you could hear it fine on 7 but not on AFL.com.au but perhaps 7 manually increase the volume for the reporter‘s questions during editing.  It might be worth emailing 7 themselves and see if they can put a dedicated mic on the reporters.

I‘m sorry I can‘t solve the problem (though we have made sure our club press conferences are well-mic‘d now after receiving complaints from fans), but it might be one of those instances where if they get enough complaints, they‘ll make some changes.

Really is a case of the AFL passing the buck, claiming that it is Ch 7's issue is complete BS, since 7 had a mike for questions from the media. But the AFL version had no mike. Other difference was that 7 used two cameras, so the journo was shown when asking the question; AFL version was a static video of the coach.

Must just be using their own mike and not bothering to do anything with the journo questions, since both 7's video and audio are different.

Grumpy Mick is a ■■■■ and I don't know why people haven't called him on it more.