Coaching Panel for 2014 season

Been away for nearly a week so I have no idea what happened to the other thread. The one time I had internet access I noted that Bomber was reportedly rethinking his refusal. Am I allowed to ask if this report was or now is BS?

Bomber is back in the mix for the top job.

Thanks for that. If he's in the mix and doesn't get it, someone shoud be shot.

Please keep this thread on coaching possibilities only.

I have reason to believe that we are very close to securing Nathan Bassett as an assistant for next season. Expect more noise on it after the SANFL grand final. Has been talking to North but we have made a late play.

hope hes more effective than fred

I have reason to believe that we are very close to securing Nathan Bassett as an assistant for next season. Expect more noise on it after the SANFL grand final. Has been talking to North but we have made a late play.

I was told he was burnt by North quite badly a few weeks ago, seemed to not see eye to eye over a few things. From what I was told there are a couple of absolute control freaks at North and the assistants havnt got much scope to work with.
Would be an amazing get for the club
Posted this in the Rumour thread:
My source at Norwood has confirmed that the interview is on Wednesday. He also said that Bassett turned down North Melbourne because they wouldn't (possibly couldn't) offer him more than he was getting at Norwood. He is of the opinion that if we will pay him what all of our assistant coaches are getting, then he will "be on the next flight over" (after the GF of course). He also said we have spoken to Thomas, and that it's between us and Richmond. Hopefully if Bassett comes our way then Thomas will follow.

My sources tell me Thomas would have to go in the draft. It's not a matter of him deciding he wants to come to Essendon.

...Thomas?
GRANT THOMAS?

YES. 

CORN FLAKES

...Thomas?
GRANT THOMAS?

YES. 

Daisy Thomas?? Could be a handy inclusion to the playing group.

Back on topic. Would love to get Bassett to the club. Someone with fresh ideas and a knowledge of how to win. 

I was told he was burnt by North quite badly a few weeks ago, seemed to not see eye to eye over a few things. From what I was told there are a couple of absolute control freaks at North and the assistants havnt got much scope to work with.
My source at Norwood has confirmed that the interview is on Wednesday. He also said that Bassett turned down North Melbourne because they wouldn't (possibly couldn't) offer him more than he was getting at Norwood. He is of the opinion that if we will pay him what all of our assistant coaches are getting, then he will "be on the next flight over" (after the GF of course). He also said we have spoken to Thomas, and that it's between us and Richmond. Hopefully if Bassett comes our way then Thomas will follow.

My sources tell me Thomas would have to go in the draft. It's not a matter of him deciding he wants to come to Essendon.

He'll be a delisted free agent so we can pick him up with no draft pick allocated to him.

He'll be a delisted free agent so we can pick him up with no draft pick allocated to him.

what he said  :P

what he said  :P

B-b-b-b-but his sources!!!!!!!!!

Who’s thomas again? Can we get a first name?

Who's thomas again? Can we get a first name?

Matt Thomas. Won the B&F in the SANFL.

Played just the 4 games for Port Adelaide and eventually de-listed.

Who's thomas again? Can we get a first name?

Matt Thomas. Won the B&F in the SANFL.

Played just the 4 games for Port Adelaide and eventually de-listed.

Was he any good in those 4?

18 disposals, 3 tackles and 2 goals against Geelong in rd 9.

17 disposals, 4 tackles against GWS rd 12

7 disposals, 5 tackles against Sydney rd 13 (sub maybe??)

21 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 goal against Hawthorn rd 16.

Thomas was subbed off against Sydney just after 3 qtr time

18 disposals, 3 tackles and 2 goals against Geelong in rd 9.
17 disposals, 4 tackles against GWS rd 12
7 disposals, 5 tackles against Sydney rd 13 (sub maybe??)
21 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 goal against Hawthorn rd 16.

Thats fairly decent stats, a lot of Port people were shocked he was delisted especially with some of the absolute spuds on their list

360 had a grand final special on tonight and bomber was on as a panelist! They asked him if he would coach and he did his usual jokes etc!

Those who have watched 360 over the last month will know this has been a significant change of tune. Every other time he had been asked he has said point blank no.

You can tell he is energised about footy again and excited about it. My bet is that he will be the interim coach

wish they'd just ■■■■■■ announce it before the afl allocates us one.

spud and Wallace have been far too close once already.

Bomber said he doesn't know, and he hasn't spoken to the club about it.

At least he's not saying the N word!

Bomber said he doesn't know, and he hasn't spoken to the club about it.

At least he's not saying the N word!

With a huge smirk on his face mind you

Jobe on btg tonight, said it would b announced at the crichton on wed night, looked a little sheepish when asked about bomber