Coffee machines

What beans are you using @handypoint ?

The BDB is a great machine, the amount of control you have over flow and temperature is incredible, to be honest if I had my time again Iā€™d probably get one over my rocket

2 Likes

Italian(darker) roast from the local deli. 25 dollars a kilo.

Fresh is best with coffee beans. Just start there.

Thats the hard part buying from supermarkets. Its not the quality of the beans just when they were roasted.

But I did get some decent beans from Aldi.

I am using these beans at the moment and very happy

Coffee Pods | Coffee Pods Online | Inglewood Coffee Roasters

I like the Roosevelt blend (milk drinker), but hey so many options out thereā€¦ I generally wait for a sale which they have fairly often.

3 Likes

Nice, their blends sound good.

1 Like

Same here. Tried quite a few places when I first got my machine, but eventually settled on these guys. Youā€™re right about the sales, seems to be every otherweek!

Mostly just get the Sunset BLVD but have tried a few others (Roosevelt included). Also drink mine with milk (Breville Dual Boiler)

1 Like

I bought some stuff from them a whole back. Google has labelled their text messages telling me about their sales as spam because they come so often

Iā€™ve tended to get beans from direct coffee, but havenā€™t bout any for a couple of months because of return to the office and the slow down on home coffeeā€¦

1 Like

Yeah when I first noticed sales Iā€™d stock up and freeze a couple of KGā€™s. No real need to these days theyā€™re that common.

I WFH and make quite alot of cold brew, so tend to go through them reasonably quickly.

1 Like

I have tried Sunset Blvd. Its also very good.

Unfortunately I have now dialled in my machine with my taste buds ā€¦lolā€¦ So now I canā€™t changeā€¦ So bad I dont even try anything newā€¦

1 Like

I am in the same boatā€¦

1 Like

Theres a special on at the moment for a Lavazza pod machine, for $99 including $48 worth of pods, with a small benchtop footprint. My favourite barista told me it is the same one he uses at home. Ideal for a person like me who loves coffee but drinks just one a day.

Same here. Constantly on discount always helps.

Moccona Barista Reserve Pods (Nespresso Machine style pods)
No. 12 intensity

Creamy, not watery at all. Best pods you can buy for those that want a quick fix.

Anyone got an opinion on Nuova Simonelli machines. Like the look of the Oscar ii HX machine (and the footprint when co pared to dual boilers). Just no idea whether itā€™s even worth trying to convince Mrs frosty that we need to buy ourselves a Christmas present (previously was looking on covid but stocks and prices of the machines we were looking at at the time were no good.)

as a brand they have been around for ages so they must be doing something right.

as for heat exchangers? sorry no idea. every manufacturer seems to be making them though?

this article from the same website I posted on the sales has a good article about it.

regulating heat is important. if there was one critics of the dual boiler I have is that it has a trade off(which I chose deliberately mind you). quick heat up time(due to the type of group head). a different group head and the temp would be much more consistent for all day hot water at a good brew temp.

for that get a e61 group head, thats what to look for good temp control.

1 Like

Mine is the proftec 300 over lelit Bianca

1 Like

Sus the profitec colour ware stuff

I have no idea what that sentence means :slight_smile:

profitec = brand

theyve got stuff thats like colourful now

sus = have a look

2 Likes

Ahh, OK. Colours not something that I care about. The extra $600 vs the Oscar II thoughā€¦

The Profitec Go seems to be single boiler?