Coffee machines

I went twice today. Hehehehe.

Too cute.

Australian price gouging isn't only on software. Need part for my espresso machine. Australia: $79.00 plus $29 delivery. US: $29 plus $20 delivery.

Moved on to the inverted method for the aeropress. Creates a much better cup and stops any coffee seeping through before it's fully steeped. 

My barista crush just made the worlds best iced coffee on special request.

<3

Moved on to the inverted method for the aeropress. Creates a much better cup and stops any coffee seeping through before it's fully steeped.

Have tried inverted a few times and I don't care for the taste. Prefer normal.

Have tried inverted a few times and I don't care for the taste. Prefer normal.

I invert cause it's less messy, and kind of makes sense, but freak me...go onto YouTube to check how people do it....seems I need a digital thermometer, digital scales and a stopwatch or else I'm doing it wrong.

Atomic  ... works great, tastes great, sounds like a ferrari.  A collectable artwork in your kitchen.  Resells for more than you bought it for.

My cafe is closin from the 21st-7th Jan. That’s pretty much the whole time I’m off work. Potential to be the worst holidays ever.

There's only one cafe in Adelaide?

Only one that employs Heath.

I have a breville cost around 800 and makes as good  coffe as anywhere I have ever bought one. I get my beans from a local bean house were they are raosted and nothing better than fresh coffee beans

Agree, freshly roasted beans is the most important ingredient in decent coffee, irrespective of the method used.  Fresh = ~2 weeks from roasting, when stored in an airtight(ish) bag in a dark place (but not the fridge).

Ordered an Aeropress off Amazon. Let the fun times begin. 

1 Like

Has anyone got a big kick ar$e one they use at home. I’m considering getting something along those lines for Xmas. I was looking as this;

https://www.binglee.com.au/breville-bes870-the-barista-expresstm

Has anyone else got slightly more money than brains and splashed out to this extent? Is it worth it?

1 Like

This machine is completely worth it. Read earlier in the thread, someone posted pros and cons.

It consistently makes great coffee, often better than the cafes. Just get good beans and experiment.

One word of caution it is not automatic, and has manual control over many things. Some people don’t like it but I love the control because I can make a coffee exactly the way I want.

1 Like

We’ve gone through 2 in the last couple of years either cause they where cheap or I just over did it with them.

This ones had awesome reviews but you’re right it looks like you’ve got to oversee things a bit more. My missus is impatient but loves her ciffee. That’s the sticking point

It takes about 2-3min to make a coffee including frothing the milk.

If you like coffee and have the money I think its completely worth it.

1 Like

We’ve got this one at the moment but it’s one erratic filter connection effort away from doom;

Seems like a waste but it will be nice to see how the other half live.

A couple thoughts because I’ve been a barista wanker, I’ve had a couple consumer coffee machines and I’ve restored an old heat exchanger (which is the current go).

1. Consumer coffee machines have a finite life span so be ready to replace a sunbeam every couple of years.

2. Coffee beans shouldn’t be stored in a hopper that close to a heat source. They’ll dry out and lose their essential oils quicker which means the cream won’t be there or will be ■■■■.

3. Beans are the most important component of it all. You could have 10 grand in enquipment but if the beans are old and dry your coffee will still be ■■■■.

3 Likes

It’s “covfefe”, you numbskull!

There is nothing better in the morning than a negative press covfefe.

1 Like