Coffee machines

I’ve had a Breville Dual Boiler for c. 4 years. Has been great.

2 Likes

I think I’m the same I have an appartamento with a Macap m2d which has been great, but in hindsight I’d have been better off with a BDB, top line Eureka and money in my pocket.

That being said a friend’s BDB just packed it in after a solid 4 or 5 years, I think the E61 work horses will outlive me

The E61 will outlast both of us, I’m more than happy with my purchase 4 years on. The parts are easy to come by and repairs and servicing is seemless. The only thing I would upgrade would be the grinder, if anything.

1 Like

for mine id have gone a profitec pro 300 and a better grinder than a lelit bianca and eureka silenzio

1 Like

I think I’ve had mine for about 8 or 9 now. Got it with the Smart Grinder for about $900 from HN back in the day. Has done it’s job wonderfully

Starting to get to a point where I’m ready for something new. Solenoid is going and the Steam wand is starting to leak. Not impossible fixes by any stretch, but it’s about time. Wouldn’t mind a little extra bench space.

If i was buying a coffee setup again.

Id probably get an e61 grouphead
Pre infusion and PID even if the e61 groups take a little while to reach brew temp.

And then a single dose flat burr grinder with 0/low retention.

Then store all my beans in a canister rather than any in a hopper.

Its not massive, my coffees are still good with the ring grouphead attached directly to the boiler heats up quickly on my espresso machine. Im making coffees in under 5 min.

Thats nice for a quick espresso in the morning. But its a bit of a pain when trying to make lots of coffees.

2 Likes