Coleman's Unveiling

I went to the unveiling today and managed to capture this photo of players who were in Coleman's 1962 and/or 1965 premiership teams.

I hope I've got them right!

Starting from the left:

Charlie Payne, David Shaw, Greg Brown, Greg Sewell, Ted Fordham (corrected), Russell Blew, Bruce Waite (corrected), John Birt, ? Obscured, Graeme Johnston, Bluey Shelton, Barry Capuano, Ken Fraser, Hugh Mitchell and Paul Doran.

Happy to hear from anyone who may wish to correct this (or guess who is the obscured person!

2zyv6fs.jpg

That is truly awesome. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Just another one for the "artistically" interested!

That is truly awesome. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Thanks Darli, it was great to have a happy experience given all the other sh*t that has been going around for supporters recently!

I love the subtle red. I'll be taking me a photo next to it, next time i'm around the area :)

EXCELLENT photos, especially the second one.

This shot is of a few of the guys who played with John Coleman. I need help with a couple of them?

From left - Noel Allanson, Jack Jones, Harold Lambert (corrected), Greg Sewell and Ted Leehane (corrected)

I went to the unveiling today and managed to capture this photo of players who were in Coleman's 1962 and/or 1965 premiership teams.

Starting from the left:

Charlie Payne, David Shaw, Greg Brown, Greg Sewell, Ken Timms, Russell Blew, Brian Sampson, John Birt, ? Obscured, Graeme Johnston, Bluey Shelton, Barry Capuano, Ken Fraser, Hugh Mitchell and Paul Doran.

Happy to hear from anyone who may wish to correct this (or guess who is the obscured person!

Most of those guys played in two Premierships. Those were the days. I loved them all. Missing of course is the great duo, Jack Clarke and Geoff Leek.

That is truly awesome. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Thanks Darli, it was great to have a happy experience given all the other sh*t that has been going around for supporters recently!

Its a truly beautiful sculpture. Makes me a little teary.

Starting from the left:

Charlie Payne, David Shaw, Greg Brown, Greg Sewell, Ken Timms, Russell Blew, Brian Sampson, John Birt, ? Obscured, Graeme Johnston, Bluey Shelton, Barry Capuano, Ken Fraser, Hugh Mitchell and Paul Doran.

Most of those guys played in two Premierships. Those were the days. I loved them all. Missing of course is the great duo, Jack Clarke and Geoff Leek.

This shot is of a few of the guys who played with John Coleman. I need help with a couple of them?

From left - Noel Allanson, Jack Jones, ?, Greg Sewell and ?

The one in the middle is Harold Lambert - half back in EFC's Team of the Century.

Starting from the left:

Brian Sampson died last year but may have been there in spirit.

Starting from the left:

From left - Noel Allanson, Jack Jones, ?, Greg Sewell and ?

The one in the middle is Harold Lambert - half back in EFC's Team of the Century.

And I have Ted Leehane on the far right.

Starting from the left:

For Ken Timms read Ted Fordham.
I will to post my photos of the event later in the day. It was fantastic to meet all the old greats. I shook hands with Bluey Shelton in the rooms 50 years ago this month. He didn't remember.

Starting from the left:

For Ken Timms read Ted Fordham.
I will to post my photos of the event later in the day. It was fantastic to meet all the old greats. I shook hands with Bluey Shelton in the rooms 50 years ago this month. He didn't remember.

Thanks "thewindyone". I thought that may have been Ted!

Thanks also to "Muriel St Bomber". It had slipped my mind about Brian Sampson "departing" but my parents used to reckon I could see ghosts so who knows what I'm looking at! Thanks also for the Harold Lambert & Ted Leehane pick ups. :)

Anyone know who it is that I've listed as Brian Sampson? I'll need to so a rethink.

i have to say this is a great work of art , kudos to all those involved

I just have to say this BUT ''What took them so long to honor the Champ ? "

Love it.

Two observations.

Gosh, he was a skinny bugger.

And someone somewhere is going nuts about the curved sash, which makes me feel warm inside.

Past Essendon players recreating the Blitz Gumbleton training pic?

1965 Premiership players still alive not listed:

Geoff Gosper

Kevin Egan

Alec Epis

Don McKenzie

Barry Davis

Bruce Waite.

So any of that 6

plus:

1962 Premiership Players Still alive but not listed:

Graeme Beissel

1965 Premiership players still alive not listed:

Geoff Gosper

Kevin Egan

Alec Epis

Don McKenzie

Barry Davis

Bruce Waite.

So any of that 6

plus:

1962 Premiership Players Still alive but not listed:

Graeme Beissel

Thanks Pazza. I'm thinking that the "Brian Sampson" guess may actually be Bruce Waite?