Coleman gets 200 - the AFL get SOME things right

Same must be true for neale daniher (82 + 222) but he is not mentioned in the article?

Neale is already a member of the 200 club as he coached over 200 games. The ones in the article had a combined 200+ games when playing and coaching are combined.
LOLZ. First sign of alcohol abuse in a bomber fan.....not being able to apply obscure AFL rules to Danihers...happened to me in 2000...or was that the millennium bug? ;-)
LOLZ In that case the disease is far more advanced in me than I thought
That's the second sign ;-)
I thought the second sign was forgetting which number Anthony daniher wore
There was an Anthony? ;-)
There was a Daniher?

Same must be true for neale daniher (82 + 222) but he is not mentioned in the article?

Neale is already a member of the 200 club as he coached over 200 games. The ones in the article had a combined 200+ games when playing and coaching are combined.
LOLZ. First sign of alcohol abuse in a bomber fan.....not being able to apply obscure AFL rules to Danihers...happened to me in 2000...or was that the millennium bug? ;-)
There was a Daniher?

LOLZ.

There was a Daniher?
LOLZ.

Time for g&ts all round me thinks
*drink responsibly

LOLZ. ■■■■■■ hell, I don’t finish work for at least another 2 hours.

Also just to keep the thread on track. Ii think Robert Shaw coached and played in some rep games, I’m sure they also count towards his total.

LOLZ. ■■■■■■ hell, I don't finish work for at least another 2 hours.
Also just to keep the thread on track. Ii think Robert Shaw coached and played in some rep games, I'm sure they also count towards his total.

Probably includes pre-season games - wiki says he coached over 150 including pre-season games

If only he was playing in this day and age...

Would mark ball at the highest point for sure...
How many goal John kick?

Would mark ball at the highest point for sure...
How many goal John kick?

Lots.

If he was playing today he would be a short lightweight mid fielder. Still the best player I have seen.

All that’s to scale though, Big Nick was same size as a big midfielder now.

Add 3-4 inches, 10-15kg. People, overall, are bigger.

It’s not like Coleman was outsized by most fullbacks of the era.

You were very privileged!

There are few people of whom I am envious - you are one.

Na folks would see his goal kicking and assume its the DRUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

All that's to scale though, Big Nick was same size as a big midfielder now.
It's not like Coleman was outsized by most fullbacks of the era.

Spot on.

His feats also came at a time when they played with the rules to assist defenders (pretty much the opposite of today), and he still absolutely dominated. One of a kind was Mr Coleman.

As i have said here many times before, he set records that will never be broken.

Never.

True, Coleman was like the Bradman of footy. Simply one of a kind.

My old Dad still talks about him as being the best player he ever saw.

Spot on.

His feats also came at a time when they played with the rules to assist defenders (pretty much the opposite of today), and he still absolutely dominated. One of a kind was Mr Coleman.

12 goals on debut in any era is incredible.

Legend has it people would actually switch ends at the breaks to be at the same end he was.

Kennedy said one day that Coleman took a mark over him and he actually saw his boot studs. Now Kennedy I think was 6'4" (was a ruckman which illustrated HAPs point as well). That is one huge leap!

Spot on.

Legend has it people would actually switch ends at the breaks to be at the same end he was.

Kennedy said one day that Coleman took a mark over him and he actually saw his boot studs. Now Kennedy I think was 6'4" (was a ruckman which illustrated HAPs point as well). That is one huge leap!

That's no legend. My mother used to do it.

And seriously, go have a look at how they adjusted the rules to aid defenders (just coincidentally?) at the time he played.

Spot on.

That's no legend. My mother used to do it.

And seriously, go have a look at how they adjusted the rules to aid defenders (just coincidentally?) at the time he played.

Not sure how I will be able to do that ;) I do know that defenders used to get away with a lot more back then than they do now, even as recent as 10 years ago.

But it happens in all sports, and only to combat a truely great individual.

Chamberlain, Charlton. Bradman they changed the rules because the Englishmen went against the spirit of cricket to actually try and stop him so you can kind of add Bradman as well.

The time to take a set shot at goal.... M Lloyd.

Spot on.

Yeah, but, could he find a needle in a haystack?

Also IIRC the guys that come close such as Coventry played in an era where rules were beneficial TO full forwards. From memory (and now I'm really going from memory so may be wrong) the ball being out after touching an opposition player was a free kick so a forward would get a truckload of freebie shots just from that.