Collections etc

I am by no means a collector of any significance but I have always felt the (probably irish gambling and self-destruction gene) need to keep up the pursuit of something hard to get.

Don't get me wrong, I spend less on myself than most and it doesn't interfere with my life but I just love the Indiana Jones type chase of a holy grail.

I have recently just got the second last piece in a Star Wars diecast ship collection from 1978-80 and the final item is between $250 loose and $2,000 mint in box. Every other item in the collection has cost between $25 and $65 and is accessible easily. I'm strangely excited about the chase of this rare piece now.

Is any one else collecting anything or need any pieces to finish a collection?

Here is a snap:

y8n6.jpg

what is the last piece?

Someone posted here about struggling to get hold of a particular Biggles book...Spitfire Patrol or something.

I got hold of a copy for a not insignificant sum ($80 or so) when I was looking for other stuff at a big barn in Skipton or somewhere.

If whoever it was still wants it, I'm prepared to let it go at costish price, plus a little something, you know, for the effort.

Over the years l have collected many different things. l started with cards of racing cars found in the little 3 penny Nestle's chocolate bars. Then graduated to postcard sized pictures of vintage and veteran cars found in breakfast cereal. Then in the early 1960's Shell did a football album for all teams and had these postage sized black and white pics of players, l was never able to complete that collection even though l haunted the local servo on the corner of Highett Rd and the highway at every given chance and probably drove the proprietor nuts. Once l got into college my music collection really took off. l still have over 600 45's, 1200 LP's and about 2,000 CD's, but they are scattered all over the place. As people know since l have been in China l have had a great opportunity to expand my movie collection on DVD, to the point where l now have over 3,000 titles.  More later. 

I have a pretty large-ish collection of Puma shoes and apparel that would probably be worth about 20-30k if a) I'd never worn it and b) It was still worth Recommended Retail Price.

Here's my latest pair (not my leg but just as hairy lol)

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/sneakers/puma-suede-year-of-the-horse-pack/

PUMA-SUEDE-YEAR-OF-THE-HORSE-PACK-4.jpg

stubby holders.

I like daleks. The 5" variants.

I thoguht I was doing well having 70 or so. Then I discovered some guy with over 300. I consoled myself with the fact he was duplicating a lot many times over (he had something like ten special weapons daleks).

In a wider sense I tend to collect every bit of music released by bands. But that's a digital thing, so not really as tought o do.

Empty stubbies.

what is the last piece?

Its a limited release TIE Bomber from 1979.

Please don't even think of buying it for me :)

I have a pretty large-ish collection of Puma shoes and apparel that would probably be worth about 20-30k if a) I'd never worn it and B) It was still worth Recommended Retail Price.

I saw a pair of baby blue Puma like that the other day.

Want.

I thought this was about debt collection.

My daughter is an excellent collector, of money from my wallet..

I am going to start collecting soon. Just have to finish putting the deadlocks on the basement.

1 Like

I am going to start collecting soon. Just have to finish putting the deadlocks on the basement.

John Fowles....and Samantha Eggar was a fine-looking lady back before they invented electricity. Terence Stamp plays a sick ■■■■■■■ quite well.

1 Like

Someone posted here about struggling to get hold of a particular Biggles book...Spitfire Patrol or something.

I got hold of a copy for a not insignificant sum ($80 or so) when I was looking for other stuff at a big barn in Skipton or somewhere.

If whoever it was still wants it, I'm prepared to let it go at costish price, plus a little something, you know, for the effort.

Biggles Flies Undone?

I have a pretty large-ish collection of Puma shoes and apparel that would probably be worth about 20-30k if a) I'd never worn it and B) It was still worth Recommended Retail Price.

I saw a pair of baby blue Puma like that the other day.

Want.

Funny you should mention them, I'm wearing them today.

what is the last piece?

if it is the diecast snowspeeder i've got one, somewhere, condition isn't great, not prepared to part with it (probably)

what is the last piece?

if it is the diecast snowspeeder i've got one, somewhere, condition isn't great, not prepared to part with it (probably)

I have the snowspeeder and tie fighter at my desk.

Favs.

what is the last piece?

I have the snowspeeder and tie fighter at my desk.

Favs.

what is the last piece?

what is the last piece?

Its a limited release TIE Bomber from 1979.

Please don't even think of buying it for me :)

Hey, this thread has gotten me thinking about collecting stickers as a kid when I was in primary school, say 1986. I wonder if anyone can help me track them down, I can't even find anything about them on the net.

These stickers were a massive craze for probably 6 months or so where I grew up, but coming from a regional area I don't know how far spread it was.

They were called "Stick 'em Ups", and you'd get about 5 in a packet with a stick of gum (from a milk bar or servo), and they were in a pink packet the size of say a pack of footy cards.

The stickers had simple cartoon images on them, and they were kind of wierd/quirky, none of us ever understood where they were from or what they meant collectively, they all just seemed kind of random.

There was "Hello Possum" which was a possum hanging from a branch, "Sexy Legs" which was a pair of legs, "Yuk" which was some green sludge emerging from behind a door...

We used to trade/barter/buy these and it was funny how emotional we would get about a rare sticker. Then you'd go away on the weekend and buy a packet that had 3 of the rarest card in it and it would blow the whole market open.

Anyone remember them?

*Edit: ok so I googled the sticker names I could remember and found this list of the stickers...

No.   Title
  1   Back Off!
  2   Big Deal!
  3   Bird Brain
  4   Blockhead
  5   Boring
  6   Born Loser
  7   Danger TNT
  8   Dog Breath
  9   Do It Again
10   Do Not Disturb
11   Don't Bug Me