Collingwood Pelican under investigation for gambling on Pies games

They said they reviewed the games over and over and could not pick one instance where played in a way he wouldn’t usually. Do you think an AFL player would deliberatly miss a shot over a $12 mutli?

36 Likes

Once they have the technology to read thoughts they will have to lock up tens of millions of covert racists of all colors, races and creeds in all countries and they will generally be the smarter section of the population who know not to come out with public comments like Jeff did.

Yep. He can actually influence the outcome of matches and bets he’s placed.

“Gee Mason’s in the goal square one out. I’ll bomb it now… wait, I’ll give a handball to Pendles instead and let him do it as I’m on him for most possessions.”

Dodgy AF

1 Like

I love this

“Collingwood and the AFL have been locked in discussions over the penalty for young star Jaidyn Stephenson’s betting infringement, with the AFL suggesting a hefty penalty that would rule Stephenson out for most of the season.”

Absolute corrupt kents, why the Fark have Collingwood got any say in his penalty

23 Likes

All bets were unsuccessful. Well that’s lucky for the afl.

I trust the betting slip has been made public …

2 Likes

How can they tell if a player “deliberately” misses a shot? That’s a ridiculous statement by the AFL.

How can they tell if a player incorrectly kicked backwards, or looked for a team mate too much?

They simply can’t watch a game and see that.

If he’s bet the margin to be between 50-60 points, there’s 5 minutes left in the quarter and he he has a shot to make the margin 61…? That’s a different story, right. Anyone gambling on AFL matches they PLAY in is a problem gambler and any problem gambler will tell you it’s about the rush of winning as much as anything.

Regardless, there is a POSSIBILITY he has tried to fix matches. He’s taken the option to go bet on games he is in, involving outcomes he can control, and they say this isn’t match fixing?

Come on. Deserved a season suspension.

3 Likes

Can you tell me what part of his comments you agree with?

Well - in fairness - we got to petition to keep our second round pick in 2014…

Match fixing is a stretch. They’ve knocked him out for the rest of the season and fined him 20k. It seems fair to me.

The bets were multis. He may have got parts of each multi “correct” but not the rest, so we certainly can’t say he didn’t have his behaviour influenced.

1 Like

But how much was it paying?
I’ve had 10 leg football multi’s that have been close to a million dollars for $1.
I bet heaps on the NHL and soccer and it’s not uncommon to have multis worth $30k plus for a $1 outlay

3 Likes

I think you should look more carefully at it.

It’s been suggested that he choose margin bets in favour of the Pies.

Imagine he marked the ball in front of goal. 15 meters out. The siren goes.

His theoretical multi bet is to win by less than 15pts, into a Collingwood win.
They are 13 points up.

He kicks the ball, normally very accurately but this time he hooks the ball and it slightly grazes the post. A point is signaled. Pies win by 14 points. Would you say he fixed that game? No. Did he fix his margin bet? Perhaps. Certainly he was in a position to miss it on purpose.

Anyway…

Unfortunately, unlike us, the season doesn’t end for them at end of home and away :joy:

2 Likes

If he’s good enough to bring in a 10 leg mutli then we need him on our list ASAP.

I hope the AFL don’t use the same guy that reviews the goals to review the fixed matches.

I have little faith in them finding anything.

7 Likes

Probably 7 or 8 years ago now

1 Like

cheating kents

Alot of other sports around the world and the dipshit gets a life time ban.

2 Likes

For $10 or $20 put on a GF first goal, at a game they weren’t at?

Yeah, criminal masterminds.

Just interesting a player gets a 3rd of the penalty.