Colorado

Essendon players brave freezing temperatures & high altitude to try to escape the influence of James Hird - C Wilson

Strange that they'll travel to the other side of the world for just four players. And why specifically those four?

Not so strange really, when football department spending is now has a cap (and a luxury tax for exceeding it), so clubs that had previously been sending close to if not all of their full list over to the US have scrapped it to save money for other things (including mainstays like Collingwood).

Why those four? They specifically asked the club for permission as they personally felt they had benefited from their previous pre-season training stints there.

Thanks for that.

Heppell is top 3

I have:
1. Watson
2. Goddard
3. Hooker
4. Hibberd
5. Heppell
You could argue that Hibberd and Heppell should swap positions but I still feel that if Hibberd hadn't been so unlucky with injury this season he would still be right up there. Absolute gun of a player and one of my favourites. Is so important not only to our defence but our team as a whole.
He was single handedly our entire rebound out of defence in '14 as Dempsey never quite got back to form all season long and wasn't a patch on his regular self.
But really you could say those top 5 are all interchangeable with one another bar probably Watson as everyone will differ on where each one should be placed although they would most likely agree that they are the top 5 players at the club.

Watson

Heppell

Hooker

Goddard

Daylight

Watson

Heppell

Hooker

Goddard

Daylight

Same, except swap Goddard and Hooker around for mine.

I'm confused, there's no 'H' in Jobe Watson.

I'm confused, there's no 'H' in Jobe Watson.

HOBE WATSON

Watson08:  Wathson  and Goddhard.  Got it!

Watson
Heppell
Hooker
Goddard
Daylight

+ 1
Spot on.

Do we have confirmation of this?

I assume they'll be at the University of Colorado like they were before, in which case I should be able to find out where they are training. I just hope that the access isn't more limited this time because of the smaller group. I got photos the first time they came two years ago.

The weather has been very good so far. We had a top of 21 degrees here in north Denver today; the 10 day forecast is for it to be fairly dry and seasonal.

Do we have confirmation of this?

Yes, it was announced during 7's Melbourne news last night. 7 were at our fitness session that morning - boys were doing repeat hill climbs at the Tan.

Great.... I'll do my best to get up there this time.

You do that. We’re all relying on you. Don’t let us down.

Its really weird we are only sending 4 players. To be honest we might as well not do it in my opinion. Its pretty well known that the effects of altitude training dissipates fairly quickly anyway and if we are only going to do it for 4 players will that really help the team or will it just mean 4 of our leaders won't be their to help out during preseason training for a few weeks? I just struggle to see the advantage myself, it feels like its more about the 'story' than the actual training. If the benefits were significant and cost-effective they would probably do it for the whole squad.

That said if they can keep these 4 fit for the season i'll still be glad we did it.

Great.... I'll do my best to get up there this time.

Try emailing the club and hitting the boys up on twitter. It wouldn't take much help from the club to have a confirmed place to see them.

Heppell is top 3

I have:
1. Watson
2. Goddard
3. Hooker
4. Hibberd
5. Heppell
You could argue that Hibberd and Heppell should swap positions but I still feel that if Hibberd hadn't been so unlucky with injury this season he would still be right up there. Absolute gun of a player and one of my favourites. Is so important not only to our defence but our team as a whole.
He was single handedly our entire rebound out of defence in '14 as Dempsey never quite got back to form all season long and wasn't a patch on his regular self.
But really you could say those top 5 are all interchangeable with one another bar probably Watson as everyone will differ on where each one should be placed although they would most likely agree that they are the top 5 players at the club.

Heppell is top 3

I have:
1. Watson
2. Goddard
3. Hooker
4. Hibberd
5. Heppell

gee wizz who wouldve thought a couple of year ago, hooksy at 3! 

THANY YOU MR HOOKER.

I heard a rumour he was going to Colorado to train with the 7 foot ruckman we‘re picking up next week.

Heppell is top 3

I have:
1. Watson
2. Goddard
3. Hooker
4. Hibberd
5. Heppell

gee wizz who wouldve thought a couple of year ago, hooksy at 3! 

Me!!!!  :) ;) :D

Watson
Heppell
Hooker
Goddard

Daylight

Humbert Humbert's Heavy Hitters:
Hooker
Heppell
Hibberd
Hurley
Hocking
Howlett
Hams

Watson
Heppell
Hooker
Goddard
Daylight

Humbert Humbert's Heavy Hitters:
Hooker
Heppell
Hibberd
Hurley
Hocking
Howlett
Hams
Not enough 'H's', HH.