Comics

Wizards sleeve…

Does tin tin count as comics? I loved them back in school. Pity the movie sucked

The kick ■■■ comics were pretty good, but I preferred the movies

1 Like

The Phantom with artists Wilson McCoy and Ray Moore. Brilliant.

2 Likes

BWS was/is brilliant, and closest the medium has had to a patrician. Red Nails is fantastic.

Massive Transformers fan, collected the UK version of the comic as a kid from about issue #40 or so. Kept em for a few years til mum threw em away along with all my TF toys when I was a teenager. Shame, they’re worth a bit of $$ these days…

A few years back IDW reissued the US and UK comics as a collected series. Had many a nostalgic moment reading them them.

1 Like

Conan and the sometimes related Kull the Destroyer, especially the early Barry Smith editions, and Thor. I stll have them stored somewhere (l hope), might be time to sell the Conans. I should investigate what they are worth.

I was an avid Phantom collector as a kid. Had over 300 comics. I gave the whole set to my son for his birthday 2 years ago when he turned 9 along with a speech about how much I had loved them when I was his age and how I wanted him to have them. A couple of weeks ago I asked him where the box with all the Phantom comics is. “I dunno, there’s a couple on the floor under the desk, I think…”

F###er.

2 Likes

That is simply devastating. :frowning:

1 Like

Bill Lawry was an avid reader.

Shthouse movie. Billy Zane was as charismatic as his skellington undies.

Better get them back. You can always give them to hm again when he is a bit older, and appreciates them more.

2 Likes

I thought you meant comedians when you said comics. My bad.

I have worked at the Hollywood Improv for the last 6 years. Thought I might be able to contribute something meaningful.

Oh well…

1 Like

Oh hoh, … gosh darn it,… I see you came into the wrong thread there Mister!!

images

Hee hee, … , … the one you’re looking for is just 2 doors down there’s a ways on the right … :wink:

1 Like

Love Phantom comics. I signed up as a life member to the now defunct Phantom Club - Commander rank I think.
And he’s not a dog he’s a wolf.

4 Likes

You could easily start a new thread.

There’s be heaps of material

Amirite amirite amirite…

Oh there is one.

It appears I’m the joke.

1 Like

There’s a comedy thread.

Head over to there and share away.

1 Like

I like Boomer comics as much as the next person (e.g., my favourite all time comic series is Asterix), but you guys should try reading some new stuff. I’ve all ready suggested Rat Queens. Here’s some background info:

Rat Queens = Lord of the Rings + Buffy the Vampire Slayer + The A-Team + The Hangover.

From wikipedia: “Rat Queens are a rambunctious party of adventurers/mercenaries in a medieval fantasy setting. They comprise the rockabilly elven mage Hannah, the hipster dwarven warrior Violet who shaved her beard before it became cool, the atheist human cleric Dee, who hails from a family of Lovecraftian monster cultists, and the hippie halfling (here called “smidgen”) thief Betty, whose idea of a hearty meal is a bag of drugs and candy.

It’s a fun time. Anyway, here’s a scene featuring Betty. She’s just taken a heap of drugs and is hallucinating that her best friend is a giant lollie:

1 Like

Found them on the weekend, safely packed away. Now to trawl through the internet to find out what they are worth and start sellng them off. I only stopped getting them, when l could no longer find them in Bangkok.

Wizzer and chips and the beano were cool when you where 10 but the transition to viz was gold once I was 15

I saw this thread. I have a couple of comics I read occasionally:
Asterix
Micronauts
Man from Uncle
Loony tunes
Simpsons
Tom & Jerry
Phantom
X-Men
Garfield

1 Like