Convince me

See I don’t think its laziness as a whole. Look at our starting midfield, Myers, Heppell, Zaharakis, Smith, Parish, Zerrett, Goddard. Out of that group, 4 of them are so incredibly slow that they can’t keep up with other midfields. Out of those 4 (Myers Zaka Goddard Heppell) I am most critical of Zaka because he actually isn’t that slow, he is just lazy.

3 Likes

I think in previous years we were half expecting “a rebuild” or in later sheeds years we kind of knew how bad we would be. This year we were all over the papers, pumping up our tires, huge profits, turned the corner etc etc and we’ve been sold a lemon.

3 Likes

You could send “thoughts and prayers”. That’s what people seem to do when they don’t actually want to do anything substantial.

7 Likes

A Melbourne fan might take pity on you and share their cheese board with you?

7 Likes

The club care, but is it their number one priority? If it is, why did they sign Worsfold so quickly? Looked like a box ticking exercise so that X and others could go back to building the business opportunities. Citizens stop work and protest their governments because they love the country. European soccer supporters, even from successful clubs, protest all time for the same reason. I dunno, but I reckon a period of rubbish performance lasting this long needs more than just ‘… it’ll come good, just wait a little longer…’

I think it is different people are now coming to grips with the thought it may never get better.

Past years we played worse, had worse lists and geez we got angry after losses.

I think supporters this year are saying great we’re bog average again and most likely will be next year. Then hooker/Hurley/Goddard will be gone and we will be bog average forever.

It may be delusion but we have constantly said we will return to being a great football club. Now no one is sure that will ever happen.

2 Likes

Ok, so it seems that anybody who bought into the pre season hype, is taking our current situation much harder?

I personally don’t know how people expected us to shoot up the ladder this year. We weren’t actually that good last year.

1 Like

Where is the evidence that the team is fighting, hanging in there and not giving up?

The evidence is clear from at least three games this year - Freo, Footscray and yesterday - that the team is NOT fighting, is not hanging in there, and gives up very quickly.

Add to that that the players are displaying skills that a primary school kid would be ashamed of: kicking out of bounds on the full from a set shot at goal; under no pressure kicking to a team mate on his own but missing by 10 metres and landing the ball on the chest of an opponent (Heppell has made this his trade mark); handpasses to the feet of a teammate about to be tackled by two opponents, etc etc.

Forget about “fighting” on game day - they do not even put in the effort in training to correct these basic flaws which have been evident for a very long time.

2 Likes

You don’t have to be a hardcore supporter to support the Bombers. Nothing wrong with being a bandwagon supporter, ie following the team only when they are doing well cos if you can find something better to do than watching them lose then it makes sense to do something else.

So, if you feel like the players won’t win or put in the effort then do not go.

If you want to encourage and support the club then go and accept the result regardless cos you are asking for it.

Go the bombers!

2 Likes

For some reason you think this is a “sob story”?
My point is that I (all of us supporters) have been going every week through all those dark years, through thick and thin.
WOB said it perfectly

It cuts me to the bone that I am now feeling that way. I know damn well that It’s not what Essendon supporters are about.

No problem at all for the supporters to vent their disapproval and disappointment and frustration and criticisms about the performances and the club. They should if that’s how they feel. And with social media the fans have an easy avenue to let their feeling be known loud and clear. Reckon everyone if feeling it and want things to get better.

I didn’t buy into the hype, I saw that we’d improved our list.
Not just with the people brought in, but that the age of our list should have had more players improving with more experience than dropping off due to slowing down.

I thought that’d be worth one more win.
It still might be.
We are still 2-3, and three wins in a row would have us looking very good indeed.
Seems unlikely, but it could happen.
And then everyone who held certain opinions about where we were this preseason can sit back and laugh and sneer. And good on them if it happens.

I’m not particularly upset about yesterday’s result, because it was pretty obviously going to happen given our form.
Hopefully we can turn it around.

3 Likes

I don’t think the answer is sack the coach. The assistants on the other hand, most have been around for a long time need a shake up. Time to bring in some fresh blood.

Go with the hope this is our Geelong 2006 season, but with the realisation it is more likely going to be our 2010 season.

2 Likes

I’m as frustrated by our really poor basics skills and dumb football as the next person here. I hate it and want them to fix it - and do whatever it takes to do so. But for me, as a supporter, I’m not going to stay home as some sort of protest against how the team is playing.

3 Likes

Yes but when all else fails and no one is listening or gives a fck sometimes; something is required to get the attention of those who make the changes happen, to make a change.
The mismatch of players we played during the saga were better than these half of these blokes yesterday. At least they played with more heart.

The truth is, if the club keep doing what they’ve always done, we’ll keep getting what we’ve always got. Head in the sand mediocrity, got to come up for a breath, things need to change.

1 Like

I felt like this before the Port game. I hadn’t signed up as a member yet or been to a game this year and like everyone was/am disillusioned about how we are playing.

So, I signed up, went to Port and enjoyed the day. You never know how we may play and this may be the week we click but bond as a group. It could be a ruthlessness we haven’t seen, or maybe a comeback that inspires the team. Or maybe an individual performance that bring hope and inspires the side. James Hird and Jobe Watson did not inspire the team to lift from year one, but they were inspirational for periods of their careers because of their commitment and inspiring performances. This week could be the beginning.

3 Likes

Introduce her to the realities of life. I’d also tell her pre-game that santa isn’t real, it’ll better that way.

2 Likes

Apathy is taking over.

At least during the saga years there was some passion in that we were fighting against the world.

2 Likes

Strap in we have 2 more years of Woosha inspired footy!

1 Like