Cooking

Send us a pic, or a link?

Pretty much like this

1 Like

Low and slow. I love my Weber’s, smokers, grilling etc. low and slow is the key! Anyone interested can check out the stockpot kitchen/ pit crew bbq on Facebook/instagram. Bros resteraunt, but I’ve learnt everything I know off him

3 Likes

I’ve never smoked in a gas pizza cooker.

You could invest in a small device ‘amazensmoker’ I think they are called, google will help. Fill with pellets and get some smoke going in your pizza oven. You can test it out with a small envelope made of foil, which is easy.

The meat will only take on so much smoke, so 0-3 hours of smoke is probably max you need, and the oven can do the rest, assuming it can stay at a low consistent temp.

I’ve found Pellets are easiest to use for this method as they light easy, stay smoky, and deliver quite a bit of smoke.

http://www.amazenproducts.com

Then again, it’s gas, so not sure how that will work. Don’t think you’ll ever get the real deal unless you use a conventional Weber type bbq or a smoker. But I do smoke fish in my gas Weber Q, which is awesome.

Is it a cold smoker? That’s what use and any container will work.

So, it was only a matter of time…the quantity of beer was inversely proportional to the quality of the cook up.

My pit man needs a refresher course on how to tend the pit.

1 Like

Did a brisket yesterday on my gas grill. Just made smoke packets with wood chips wrapped in foil and placed directly on burner. Worked a treat.

1 Like

Got a smoker for Xmas, keen to get it fired up. Will probably have a crack at a brisket this week.

I’ve done brisket in the oven, but never in a smoker. Any tips/smoke suggestions from those in the know would be most appreciated.

Best tips. Have fun with it for starters. Allow for lots of time. Get some beers going.

Get a great meat thermometer. I have one which is from Weber, I think it’s an igrill, which cost about $150. I know it’s a lot, but worth it.

Aaron Franklin tells you how to do it in these videos.

This site also has a lot of info on the science of smoking.
https://amazingribs.com

Don’t freak out at the ‘stall’ just ride it through until it’s done.

Don’t open the smoker unless you absolutely need to.

Franklin BBQ was amazing. Wish I could get back to Austin to get some more brisket. Totally worth the wait in line.

1 Like

Also, what smoker did you get?

Summer really is the best BBQ and salad weather.

1 Like

Thanks gang, spent a fair chunk of my shift last night watching vids and trying to learn some stuff. Seems the consensus is to just get in there and have a bash and find out what works and what doesn’t.

@tinhillterror it’s a jumbuck charcoal grill with offset smoker. Reviews on it seems pretty good. Just need to put the thing together now… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Get Bloodstained_Devils to help. He likes assembling things.

2 Likes

Ha.

It actually wasn’t too bad for a flat pack.

What is this ‘salad’ you speak of, what animal does it come from?

2 Likes

Lol sounds like it is some type of weird weather pressure system to me.

I made Ajiaco with a pack of frozen criolla potatoes.
Turned out as good as the Ajioca I had in BogotĂĄ.

You have too use criolla IMO. I wouldn’t use the tinned or jarred spuds.

Got em from a Latin grocery store.

If you really want fresh spuds maybe try contacting green harvest. Greenharvest.com.au.

They know a lot about spuds and can maybe recommend a substitute. Maybe the ‘pink eye’ spud from tassie?

When your trying to lose weight, salad becomes your friend.

I was trying to get criolla a couple of years back. Where did you get them, by the way? Caca Iberica, or the one out in Deer Park (used to be La Morenita in Sunshine)?