Cooking

nope. I can tolerate it when it’s mixed in with things, but it still doesnt taste good

I didn’t like capsicum as a kid but like it now. The one thing I can’t stand is celery. It is the worst.

2 Likes

Thin strips of green in a meat or cheese sandwich add crunch and keep a sandwich fresh through the day without it going soggy

3 Likes

I now have the roasted capsicums, roasted zucchini and some pickled green things whose name I dunno. All I need is an assortment of small goods, some boconcini and nice rolls and I can make my paninis. Best summer food.

2 Likes

yeah but it tastes awful!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I like celery with peanut butter. Yummmm!

4 Likes

Or bread and butter cucumbers with smooth peanut butter sandwiched between Jatz style biscuits?

1 Like

I don’t like it much either @Koala, especially as it repeats on me something terrible.

The red can tolerate if only a little bit, yellow, green, nope.

1 Like

Eastern European style red pickled are to die for

Sounds good @bigallan, but to scared to try anything with capsicum.

Unless it’s only a teaspoon of the red.

You definitely wouldn’t be able to eat the ones I made as they have garlic. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

:face_exhaling:

Am still yet to find a substitute for garlic, if you have any suggestions would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Coconut poached fish with oven roasted broccoli and rice. So good and so easy!

9 Likes

Shallots or spring onions?

Thanks @Soulnet, I do use spring onion and shallots, but the flavour is not the same.

Am going to try asafoetida (herb) have been told it’s a good replacement for garlic, when I can find some.

Might need to bake it first before using it. Maybe.

1 Like

Dinner at Phantom’s cave?

F

2 Likes

Garlic chives?

1 Like

As with onions whole roasted garlic cooked in their skin brings out the sugar sweetness and reduces the sharpness in the flavour.

Thanks, never thought of that, will give them a go and see what happens. :slightly_smiling_face:

(will know if ok prior to using as just the smell of garlic gives me an instantaneous headache)

1 Like