Could it be true

Just saw on TV, the possibility of Sheedy  back at Bomberland to sort things out.

Brought a big smile to my face 

sort things out?

SAVE ESSENDON!!!!!

:huh:

As our ambassador. When asked, he didn't deny it so yes could be true.

Sort what out? We are the model of good governess. Nothing to see here.

I'd be rapt if STG returned in an ambassador roll.

Would love Sheeds back at the club, so long as he has no role in the coaching side of things. I don't care if he walks up to Hirdy and says, Hirdy have you thought of trying on of our talls as CHF instead of Alwyn, or things similar, but no official coaching role. He is one of the greatest thinkers in our game, and his ability to confuse and obfuscate is second to none. If he had been at the club at the start of this year, chances are they would be investigating the Narre Warren seconds instead of us.

:rolleyes:

heard a sneaky rumour if worse comes to worse and hird is gone sheedy would come back

heard a sneaky rumour if worse comes to worse and hird is gone sheedy would come back

no no no no no no

too old

Hird is - will be the coach - to take us forward

no backward step like Sheeds

they asked sheedy when this all started 12 months ago

and i think recently for ambassador roll ( which would be good )

story here

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gws-coach-kevin-sheedy-says-he-has-been-approached-about-returning-to-essendon/story-fni5f6kv-1226699263753

KEVIN Sheedy said he was as distressed as any Essendon person by the drugs saga and had been approached by a number of prominent club supporters to return to Windy Hill.

"I'm not having a party about it,'' he said.
"If I went back to Essendon, it wouldn't be about romance, it would be about fixing things up.''
Sheedy, who coached Essendon to four premierships over 27 seasons, said he was in discussions with the Giants about a possible role in 2014, but would not rule out returning to the Bombers.
"I've had talks with people, right. They are coterie people. They wanted me to come back 12 months ago,'' he said.
"But in the end, I've enjoyed my time at the Giants. I'm not rushing back to Melbourne to be honest.
"I've got to work on a contract I'm negotiating at the moment with the Giants. Just got to work through what that job is going to be. If it comes through, it's OK. If it doesn't, I'll move on to another area.''

Sheedy said the approach came from outside the Essendonians coterie group.
“I'm not in a sing-and-dance mood,'' he said of the Essendon scandal.
"In the end, after they meet the AFL they can go up there and defend themselves. That's what life's about in this country ... freedom of speech and freedom to defend ourselves.''

Ambassador. Nothing more.

Would be great to have him back in that capacity.

Don't want him back.  he did enough damage in his last few years when he was here the first time.  There will not be a second coming as long as Hird is the senior coach.

Don't want him back.  he did enough damage in his last few years when he was here the first time.  There will not be a second coming as long as Hird is the senior coach.

You disrespectful person. Sheedy produced all the success and pride the modern generation of Essendon supporters hangs their hat on. How dare little keyboard warrior's such as yourself have the balls to question anything about the great man. Mistakes or not. Everyone is human. Sheedy should never be disrespected and should always be spoken about in the positive and with respect. Sheed's is a competitor, a bold innovator, someone who dares to dream. He is an utter inspiration. Wash your mouth out.

You disrespectful person. Sheedy produced all the success and pride the modern generation of Essendon supporters hangs their hat on. How dare little keyboard warrior's such as yourself have the balls to question anything about the great man. Mistakes or not. Everyone is human. Sheedy should never be disrespected and should always be spoken about in the positive and with respect. Sheed's is a competitor, a bold innovator, someone who dares to dream. He is an utter inspiration. Wash your mouth out.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion - even you.

Damage? Do tell.

We're a decade into another lean period for the EFC and without Sheedy we might well have been another StKilda or Richmond. 

Sheedy is well into the positive with his legacy at Essendon, no matter how bad you think his last few years were.

agree 100%. Have massive respect and love for a hell of a lot that he did with the club. He left the club in such a mess playing wise and the clubwise. So many dud players picked up, too many old favourites being played. Left Knights with a pretty crap list to be honest.

He is past it imo, GWS should of appointed Williams last year and shown Sheeds the door. Sheeds would create too many unwanted headlines imo.

Was also interesting to hear Lloyd say if the club asked him to, he would return as forward coach. DO IT ALREADY ESSENDON!!!

Was also interesting to hear Lloyd say if the club asked him to, he would return as forward coach. DO IT ALREADY ESSENDON!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if that means we have to relay the turf on the practice ovals because all the players are copying Lloyds routine. Just do it.

Dear Matthew Lloyd, I am a member therefore i am part of the club- now get the fk down to training and teach the boys how to play as a forward.

You read it from a Caro article.

FFS.

sheedy back in some capacity, yes, as coach prob not.

now what would liddle patty smithers think about all this if it eventuated.

there would be an interesting article.