Could Luke Breust come to the bombers to roost?

Watch Hawks trade out Breust and pick up Brent Harvey for nothing as his replacement.

Would love Breust at Dons. Could teach so much to Raz and TIPPA, and all our fwds for that matter. Been playing in the best fwd system in the AFL. Plus he kicks goals and plenty of them.

There is no way in a million years we should be helping Hawthorn land a player (again!) that we desperately wanted. We did it with Burgoyne. Never again!
But...but...we loved them last year when they helped us out with the interest that they showed in Carlilsle to put pressure on the Saints to cough up a decent trade for him.

A year is a very long time between trade periods.

Swans really did more to facilitate the carlisle trade than hawks.

N . O .

see Mark Williams Jon Hay Jed Anderson Nathan Thompson etc

Yeah it seems the Swans only end up with the good ones, everyone else gets the duds

difference is bruest isn’t a dud like the others, or on the decline.

That being said, I don’t see the point in getting him.
The good sides build a list to challenge for a premiership, then fill the holes they perceive they need to via trading. We have NFI what the list will produce next year.
So no point as others have said buying a forward/mid who will have to be on good coin, when we are still trying to build a solid list to challenge.

We have enough talent on the list/coming back that we need to see how all the pieces fit together going forward first, before plugging gaps.

If I was GC I would pay him overs to have him request a trade and name GC as his only destination. Then I would demand him and their first pick and their second round next year.

Dangerous small forward who is an extremely accurate kick at goal, kicks plenty of them, and still has a fair few years left?

Nah, we’re chock-a-block full of that type.

WTF are some of you talking about? We won’t get him, but if you could make it happen, you wouldn’t hesitate.

Dangerous small forward who is an extremely accurate kick at goal, kicks plenty of them, and still has a fair few years left?

WTF are some of you talking about? We won’t get him, but if you could make it happen, you wouldn’t hesitate.

Fkg concur. Bloke is a very good footballer, even in a side weaker than Hawthorn he’d play well. Watch how he plays, he always just runs to the right spots.

Something about him I don't like, I'm uncomfortable with how he'd go in a young, poor side like us.

Rather not cough what will be a large amount up and keep going with Fantasia, Langford, Laverde, Redmond, Tipungwuti as our non KP forwards.

Looks more like an inner city advertising exec yuppie with a hot boring girlfriend and a penchant for murdering people’s pets than a footballer, also has a French sounding name, none of which is his fault, would be a fantastic get for us. What disturbs me is the unwieldy thread title, irksome.

He’s everything I hoped Jackson Merrett would become.

Would look good running off a half back flank.

Imagine if he worked with Daniher during the pre season, just a tad excited

Bomber fans booing Luke Bruest?

Imagine if he worked with Daniher during the pre season, just a tad excited

What, cleaning windows?

Do we have to sing “Breust there it is” when he kicks a goal?

If we do then count me out.

BRUEST THERE IT IS

Every time I see Breust he reminds me of one of those goody two shoes nerds. Good footballer but a nerd nevertheless.

Thanks Christ someone said it

He’s odd to look at on the field. He looks like he’s never exerting and he never smiles or really emotes at all.

Exactly what i am thinking, like we couldn’t do with his 40 to 50 goals a year.

out of curiosity, who do you think would make way for him next year ?

not who you think should or would, but who the coaches will.

We have 9 players coming back who for awhile will prolly be starting 22 no matter what.

We now have to somehow fit
zerrett
parish
fanta
into the forwardline/midfield rotation, maybe add Francis to that too.

Bruest is the type of player we prolly need in 2 to 3 years time, not right now IMO and it pointless having him before then cos the price you’d have to pay for him would damage keeping the above players who we’d be hoping not only turn into our teams version of bruest, but a better version.

It’s like having all the ingredients for a cake, mixing them up, putting them in a tin and adding bruest as the icing, then putting said cake in the oven, it’s pointless putting the icing on a cake before it’s baked.

Exactly what i am thinking, like we couldn’t do with his 40 to 50 goals a year.

I think the issue relates to an argument many make on blitz which is sometimes exaggerated but often relevant. The middle range Hawks players reputations are inflated because of the team they play for. With all due respect to Bruest who is a very good player he sits firmly behind Rioli, Gunston (kind of big) and alongside poppy as the small / medium Fwds in that team.

For us he would have to operate as the number 1 medium fwd. Now does he kick 40-50 goals when he is getting a better quality defender in a poorer side? I would think not. That is the reason you would be hesitant to pay the coin and trade hard for him.

People bag darling but he kicked 53 goals as the main man one year when Kennedy was out for an extended period.

It’s like Jenkins. I don’t know how many goals he kicked this year but to be honest he wouldn’t have kicked 35 for us.

I think it says volumes for what a wonderful player JoeDan is and how much talent Fantasia has.

So I’m not a naysayer who thinks Bruest is no good and we shouldn’t consider him if it was an option. I am just wary that he would not have the production for us that he has had for the Hawks and by definition you would probably be paying and trading for a player who probably won’t return as expected for what I would assume would require a pretty big investment.