COVID-19 Round 14 - tiering into the abyss

1 Like

Cop says will continue to take educative approach, but fines heavy.
Cops handing out masks yesterday, 3 fines, one arrest , please no protest march

Masks will be introduced for Queensland high school students

Mr Miles:

“You can leave home for essential work, school, or child care. School or child care is only for essential workers or vulnerable families.”

“High schools will, for the first time, have masks for teachers, students and everyone in the school.”

1 Like

If this is actually the case then time to go back to public stoning days.

Jeanette said those HQ infected could have been Singapore, could have been on plane. Does not refer to infections within HQ.
Yet to mention the Essendon word.
She asks protesters to wait till after lockdown.

It’s the 60’s again man!!! Far out, what a trip!

Oh this is great. I can go watch hooker get 10 goals

1 Like

No football professional or community from 4pm

Finally, a ring of steel in NSW.

7 Likes

Does ANT still think protests are ok? I haven’t been in this thread for months now…

1 Like

Really? Where is this?

Jeanette says no football, no community sport, don’t wait for official 4pm

Can you just explain for us where the Queensland student got COVID from?

CHO Jeannette Young has just been asked this question.

It’s a little complicated, and it’s still early days, but this is how Dr Young answered:

"Right. So, we’ve had two cases in hotel quarantine that arrived in Brisbane on 29 June. So, they both flew - one flew from Indonesia, one flew from the UK - they both ended up in Singapore, they were both on the same flight, but they were three rows apart, opposite sides of the plane, those two people. Then they flew into Brisbane and went into hotel quarantine at the Rydges South Bank. Now, one of them tested positive day one after arrival. The second tested positive day five after arrival. And they both have exactly the same genome sequence.

"So, I think the first person’s given it to the second person. But they could have done that in Singapore, they could have done it on the plane, they could have done it in hotel quarantine. Then one person was transferred to Gold Coast University Hospital for care , because as you know all positive cases we admit to hospital.

"So, one went to the Gold Coast University Hospital for care. Once he finished his treatment, he went home to WA. The second person was admitted to the Sunshine Coast University Hospital. Once he finished his treatment, he went home to Buderim .

So, I think that one of those two cases has led to transmission to someone - who I don’t know - who has then led to further transmission and eventually I think the most likely scenario is this medical student has acquired it . I don’t know how.

" Then the most likely scenario is they have given it to the student they were tutoring - the 17-year-old that we announced yesterday - who has then given it, or possibly the medical student has given it to the other four people in that household."

1 Like

Does that mean the AFL?

Is there a guide for what is considered essential work for qld?

RIP Essington

Anna said to ask Gladys.

1 Like

Yep, it was very clear.

1 Like

No community or professional sport in Queensland for the next three days

Dr Young:

“There will be no football matches. So, no community sport, no professional sport, nothing for the next three days. Starting as of 4:00pm today. But I would hope that anyone who’s out there concludes whatever they’re doing and goes home.”

Yeah right