COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

3 Likes

Steady on.

3 Likes

This :thread: feels like the perfect summary of all the covid threads.

Oh think of the re-tweets!!!

1 Like

Mary-Louise McLaws is back working after her serious health diagnosis.
Her twitter account includes a link to her submission to the Federal Inquiry on Long Covid.

2 Likes

Great news she is back working. One voice that was always worth listening to.

2 Likes
1 Like

Well thatā€™s going to end well. Reminds me of that Shirley Bassey songā€¦ no, not Goldfinger.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good summary of the first month or two of the COVID threads.

I didnā€™t see a single mention there about BBQ sauce or whether kids could play on public playgrounds.

2 Likes

Genuine questions?

1 Like

I appreciate the stats, and itā€™s sobering that we started the new wave while the baseline was still high. New nightmare might be stretching it a little.

Itā€™s easy to criticise, but Iā€™d like to see people with this view propose a sensible alternative that stands up to scrutiny.

Anyone who thinks COVID is now irrelevant just isnā€™t paying attention, but making alarmist statements without providing a better plan of action doesnā€™t seem helpful.

6 Likes

My sister in law tested positive on Thursday.
Itā€™s fair to say, she good a rough dose of it.
Sheā€™s triple vaxxed, but sheā€™s just had fever, an incredibly rough cough, very tired at all times and had the bone aches.
No one else in the household has been infected.
Sheā€™s not having a great experience with it.

Sheā€™s probably had the worst experience in our immediate family.

3 Likes

A co-worker has a pretty rough case.
Not sure if sheā€™s had it before or not, but I donā€™t think so.
The difference in severity is very weird.

2 Likes

I had a kebab in the park today

3 Likes

#humblebrag

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been meh since Thursday. Sore throat, headache, runny nose, bit of a fever. But six negative tests so far, so am guessing itā€™s some other bug. Am staying away from people just in case.

8 Likes

Reopening COVID specific ward at my hospital today (previously were able to cope with patients in single rooms spread across the hospital)

7 Likes
2 Likes

It finally got me.
Felt crap on Wednesday arvo. Neagtive test, went to bed early.
Have felt crap since. Several negative tests. Finally y/day got the dreaded double-line.

Fairly mild symptoms in the scheme of things. Mild head cold, feel like someoneā€™s pressing in on my temples, annoying cough, have lost my sense of smell, bitter taste in my mouth. Just generally feel a bit ā€œoffā€ā€¦

Mrs Bā€™s got it too. Little Miss B all clear so far.

6 Likes

thats just essendon

2 Likes