COVID-19 Round 19 - Stick a Forklift in it

Hong Kong still mandates masks in all settings - It could be lifted in February.

Ambos spokesman saying that overnight Code red can be put down to around 1400 health workers on furlough, in part due to Covid, in part due to exhaustion from managing high Covid numbers,

3 Likes

Was reading an article which listed excess death rates since the beginning of COVID. Believe it or not but Sweden has the lowest rate of excess deaths.Australia ranked 5 th or 6th and all the Nordic countries performed well . So it seems a mixture of approaches work well and not the one size fits all.

This week’s figures at a glance.

3 Likes

Research study for Covid close contacts. Run by Monash Uni

https://closecontacts.com.au/

1 Like

Covid makes a return tour to the Chateau du Saladin. Dammit.

Symptoms yesterday, positive RAT last night. This time in one of the two that didn’t get it last January.

I really don’t want it again, typical crucial work week coming up before Christmas.

9 Likes

Hopefully you have set up the quarantine space and locked all infected persons in their rooms.

Hope all goes well and you manage to dodge it.

1 Like

Last January my brother got it.
His son didn’t get it, neither did the daughter but they did try and isolate within the household. His wife wasn’t home, so she didn’t get it.
This time around, the wife got it. So did the daughter. Son didn’t and my brother didn’t.

From what I can gather with experiences from friends and family, it’s similar symptoms. The cough is there. Extreme tiredness. The bone aches are there. Sometimes some struggle breathing. Not being hungry at all seems to have crept in. I don’t if it’s tied to the loss of taste.
More people who get it seem to be struggling with it as well. And it’s in younger people (50s to 60s) that it’s hitting slightly harder.

The only trend I can tell is the ones it has hit have been those who aren’t really up to date with vaccines. Everyone I know who have had it have only had their second or third dose. I thought it didn’t matter so much as long as you’ve had an infection before.

The one who currently has it has had the three entitled vaccines.

I’ve had two, the third coincided with me catching it, I felt pretty rubbish for months and in the end opted not to get the third.

It’s certainly rampant all over the place. Spoke to the family member who works with the Covid wards, it’s nowhere near as bad as 12 months ago despite similar daily infection numbers. Most get a rough week at home “feeling pretty ■■■■ and under the weather”.

1 Like

Aaaand it’s back here too.

Almost no symptoms, just a quick onset of eye pain and a ‘did I do a work out yesterday?’ muscle pain.

4 shots of Pfizer and an infection within the last 6 months.

99% sure it’s from a F2F meeting in the office.

This one sentence was a roller coaster for me.

“Researchers said a limitation of their study…(ahh yes, the fine print, it’ll be underpowered or something) was that data primarily (hmm…maybe it was people vaccinated with J&J) came from white males. (Fk)”

So more likely to die or have serious issues. Thanks work colleagues for sharing covid.

I did debate whether or not to post this or delay until next week.

Hopefully you are just a normal case and nothing about this study applies to you.

1 Like

i was around at my mums yesterday and she tested positive today. She was complaining about being tired, so we didn’t stay long.

so might get it a second time, hope not, feel ok currently.

9 year old is just getting over pneumonia so hope he doesn’t catch it.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Well, I’m set then.

Currently Isolating in our bungalow. Got weights, rower, Plyo box, beer fridge, and sewing machine.

3 Likes

Is drunk sewing a thing?

3 Likes

It could be.

1 Like

Regular exercise like Christmas regularly turns up once a year right?

5 Likes