COVID-19 Round 8 - quadruple do(ugh)nuts

■■■■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■ ■■■■.

11 Likes

The one who took the virus to shepp should be Jailed

7 Likes

Agree. Spreading cover is no different to spreading Aids (well may be less fun) and I seem to recall the latter became a criminal offence.

Change title to “The Idiots” are the effin problem.

98% of the people are clearly not.

3 Likes

As suggested yesterday NSW with more cases.

lol

2 Likes

Should’ve known I didn’t need to quote the OP to see what the blanked out words are.

1 Like

Derrr da people won’t comply

So let’s put in a strategy on the assumption they will comply

At this point its the failed health bureaucrats that are the problem

1 Like

Might be wrong here, but i think that law eventually came off the books, nominally because it was discouraging people from getting tested (“I can’t be guilty if i don’t know i was positive”) but in reality at least in part because its enforcement was so uneven - mostly on racial lines. It became one of those laws that bad cops use to legally make life miserable for people they don’t like, African immigrants in this case.

1 Like

Round 8, pick nine for me

2 Likes

Authorities should be doing their jobs better.

There are always going to be idiots. There are in every state.

The abilities of the contract tracers is the problem here.

What can they do when the people they are talking to lie?

We’ve relied on a honour system that some have abused.

3 Likes

If they wont name and shame the Truck idiot, can they name and shame the company?

supposed to be huge penalties for deviating from approved activities.

people in regional areas still have to be protecting themselves too right? Masks hand washing etc. if they don’t, once the 5KM restriction is lifted, it’ll be carnage.

1 Like

Well a good contact tracer is like a detective, they are able to elicit the truth regardless of the person’s willingness to confess.

But moreover - everyone is carrying a tracking device in their pocket. Police access that data for law enforcement purposes all the time. This should be no different. I understand it’s not practical when there are 700 cases a day but surely with 10 we should be using that data

3 Likes

Extension of financial hardship payments for
Isolation and testing to contacts of contacts.

1 Like

NSW winning

2 Likes

Maybe we won’t open our borders to NSW

7 Likes

Anyone who finds any kind of joy in NSW having more cases than VIC is really silly.

21 Likes

I don’t think Victoria has closed our borders to any other state. “It’s not us, it’s you.”

1 Like

Whilst I agree…
Isn’t there a lag to accessing that information?
I’d assume, in the order of trust…
day 1 - Interview.
day 2 - eletronical data received and cross checked against interview.
day 3 - second interview to try and get the additional info.

It helps, but there has to be acknowledgment that there is going to be some lag to the info. Unless they can instantly ask for the electronically data and use it at the time of the first interview.

2 Likes

All trucks have trackers on them so they must have read his records to see that he stopped in Shep and then reinterviewed him.

2 Likes