COVID-19 Round 8 - quadruple do(ugh)nuts

I hope no-one finds joy in any of this.
Just goes to show though, that achieving parity to open up borders is one thing, maintaining it is another.
QH, Chadstone, Shep etc. - there are enough COVIDiots around for one or two to bring a whole state to its knees once they are infected.

6 Likes

No joy. Utter frustration.

1 Like

No joy, it just shows what a ****er this bastard is.

3 Likes

Yep. Fk covid.

1 Like

Of course. As I noted yesterday, it’s dark not especially funny kind of humor. More cases of this virus anywhere in the world is a horrible thing. Even including the Whitehouse…

2 Likes

its a ‘we’re all ■■■■■■’

2 Likes

And really everywhere in Australia is so far ahead of what’s happening in the world its not funny. Despite our frustrations we are a lucky country.

10 Likes

I’m starting to get a bad feeling about NSW…

'From Friday, outdoor venues will be allowed to have one person for every two square metres, as long as the venue is using an electronic QR code system to keep track of patrons. The four-square-metres rule remains for indoors.

Outdoor performances for music and the arts have also received a boost, with up to 500 attendees allowed as long as people remain seated and there is four square metres of space per person.’

Indeed

Think Black Adder’s final episode.

3 Likes

The choices made here early on and fortune of an isolated nation surrounded by water.

3 Likes

Pretty bloody astounding decision it must be said…

1 Like

They’ve canned these apparently.

Breaking: NSW ‘holding off’ on easing further restrictions due to virus concerns

By Mary Ward

NSW is “holding off” on easing further restrictions due to concern about the spread of coronavirus in Sydney and surrounds, Premier Gladys Berejiklian has said.

The Premier told reporters on Wednesday the state government had planned to announce further eased restrictions today, after announcing changes to venue capacity and outdoor music event numbers on Tuesday.

“We will closely monitor what those numbers are tomorrow and act accordingly,” the Premier said. “From a health perspective, we had intended to ease some further restrictions but are holding off.”

2 Likes

Not Covid, but 2020 …
For levity.

9 Likes

Sutton said Tracers are doing a great job and are immediate.

The issue is the people who lie about what they have done and where.

3 Likes

He’s mighty ■■■■■■ off today.

2 Likes

Some good Qs today, some very nerdy ( my brain not up to it) but then Rachel begins with a new narrative

• do you accept that some mental health deaths may be connected to lockdown?
  • he says yes , so grab will be that he is responsible for those deaths as well as Covid deaths , he has caused a mental health crisis- O’Brien might need to buy a few more flags from his electorate expense account,

Dan says a pre existing mental health crisis, that’s why he called a RC.
Someone asks if fear of fine holding back the truth, Dan says no-win situation , too many fines, not fining enough.
Rachel again - you said you would listen to community, polls saying that they don’t like lockdown

• Dan says No s h I t Sherlock? ( I may be paraphrasing)
    Summeyya asking whether there should be a crime for not telling contact tracers the truth.
2 Likes

Ben was talking to a contact tracer, some new app ( salesforce ? ) which may not be compatible Oz wide, hordes of Qld based contact tracers being used , can’t use the app.

• Finkel has been tasked to resolve incompatibility.

On Bairnsdale, why was this not reported earlier?
Acquired infection in metro, did not attend school
16 k tests, only 4 positives, why not definitively ease up!

• Taking one day at a time, some definitive anoouncement Sunday, some more projected depending on data
    You ( Sutton) said that privacy precluded you telling Cedar about infected employee, yet you do it with Chaddy butcher - Cedar employee had not been at work.
    Sutton says has power to request almost everything ( like licence plates ) is able to share things with Vicpol, although he does not have police power as such.

Cloud based software solutions. Basically the new digital contact tracing platform they’re using and trying to get it talking to other states.

1 Like

Think the crime is not informing an intended intimate that HIV positive.

Siebel replacement for a lot of businesses.

3 Likes