Credit to... sigh... Collingwood Football Club

This is so hard to write...

I just want to congratulate the Collingwood Football Club for something very special to they did for my Dad. As a Collingwood member of 50 years (yep, My Dad is a pies man, married to a lifelong Bombers Fan), he got a call last week to say the were bringing a camera crew up to his house to interview him. Which I thought was weird.

Turns out, he was actually the winner of their Members Competition, which meant he won a brand new SS V8 Commodore! 

My dad is 73, on a pension and my mums crappy old Magna had died just 24 hours previously. To say this was an amazing thing to happen for my parents is a massive understatement. 

The guys from the club were really nice and sincere to my parents and were really excited to give the prize to somebody who really needed it. Further to that, they rang him today and told him that he has a special invite to the Copeland Trophy, and they are sending a Limo out to pick him and mum up to arrive on the red carpet. (My 72 year old mum will be a WAG!)

Yeah I hate Collingwood, but credit where it's due. They did very well here. 

Hey... Alright!

They do it very well Collingwood. Hate their guts, but have a lot of respect about the way they go about their business. Sense as well that they're more likely to support us than a lot of other clubs. Good luck to your old man.

Nice that Collingwood are giving away tickets to the Crichton :wacko: . Very generous.

I just want to congratulate the Collingwood Football Club for something very special to they did for my Dad. As a Collingwood member of 50 years (yep, My Dad is a pies man, married to a lifelong Bombers Fan), he got a call last week to say the were bringing a camera crew up to his house to interview him. Which I thought was weird.

Turns out, he was actually the winner of their Members Competition, which meant he won a brand new SS V8 Commodore! 

My dad is 73, on a pension and my mums crappy old Magna had died just 24 hours previously. To say this was an amazing thing to happen for my parents is a massive understatement. 

The guys from the club were really nice and sincere to my parents and were really excited to give the prize to somebody who really needed it. Further to that, they rang him today and told him that he has a special invite to the Crichton Medal, and they are sending a Limo out to pick him and mum up to arrive on the red carpet. (My 72 year old mum will be a WAG!)

How did Collingwood get tickets to our B&F night? Or did they contact the EFC for it?

great story and congratulations to your family.

I actually really respect Collingwood as a club, they are run well and it filters down to on field success and members such as your father being rewarded in this manner.

some of you with fond memories will never forgive them for 1990 (like me with blues in 99) but I was a bit too young to remember that GF. 

Not bad!

The guys from the club were really nice and sincere to my parents and were really excited to give the prize to somebody who really needed it. Further to that, they rang him today and told him that he has a special invite to the Crichton Medal, and they are sending a Limo out to pick him and mum up to arrive on the red carpet. (My 72 year old mum will be a WAG!)

How did Collingwood get tickets to our B&F night? Or did they contact the EFC for it?

Whoops... Always got Essendon on the brain.

The tickets are to the Joffa Medal, or whatever their piece of crap is called. (Copeland Trophy of Course) 

On the car front that seems like a downgrade. :P

That. Is. Awesome. Wonder if EFC has such an initiative.

Essendon were giving away tickets to the Crichton, don't you get EFC spam, i mean updates?

That's really great,  hope your mum is chuffed and has good night, being a WAG. New dress (for your mum) is in order for the occasion, I reckon.  

That's really great, hope your mum is chuffed and has good night, being a WAG. New dress (for your mum) is in order for the occasion, I reckon.

My sister is currently organising the new dress.

That's really great,  hope your mum is chuffed and has good night, being a WAG. New dress (for your mum) is in order for the occasion, I reckon.

Might I suggest a svelte little black and red number?

Well done carringbush.

And rock the copeland parents of peos!

Eddie's a nice idiot.

Brilliant. Winning stuff is cool.

My question is, what will your old man do with the car, seeing as it's obviously hot?

Careful they don't pinch it back.

My question is, what will your old man do with the car, seeing as it's obviously hot?

I put this up on Facebook yesterday. First comment..
"it's probably stolen. "

That's awesome Peos! Good on the Collingwood football club (OMG probably the first time I have typed that rather than filth) :P

On a serious not classy by the club! Congratulations to your parents mate fantastic!