Crichton Medal 2018 - Karmabomber: you were wrong!

But where does it end.

If Joe comes out and kicks 80 next year does he win it

If Devon averages an extra goal a game and an extra 8 tackles does he win it?

Just seems like more of an award for Myers for not getting injured and playing some good games of footy, which you would expect of a 30 year old

Just a very odd choice for the award

6 Likes

Maybe protecting the kids went exceptionally well.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing tho. I said Myers had a solid year granted, my point was I just said that Langford and a few others were more deserving in MY opinion. You are allowed to have a differing opinion. According to BarkerBomber having any difference of opinion is a vile and disgusting act and borderline treason to the EFC.

A few people have mentioned McKenna. I don’t think he deserved most improved. His improvement over last year was minimal imo. His defensive game improved but his offensive game was down a bit

2 Likes

Myers looked embarrassed at having won the ‘most improved’ award & intimated as such to Freedman. When you think about it, winning such an award as a high draft pick & at the average retirement age of an AFL footballer, is quite embarrassing. Definitely a sympathy angle from the Club more than anything.

But, who cares? I congratulate all the award recipients. Looked like a fun night. @Koala - how was the evening? Any funny stories to share? Cheers.

3 Likes

Just to distract you all from the whining and hatred: they are showing Dons v Eagles on FF, the one where we smashed them.

it won’t stop me from whinging, but i’ll enjoy it whilst also continuing to whinge.

2 Likes

so back on topic.

should dyson or hurley got best first year player last year? first year back from suspension?

How is it whinging and hatred, it’s just a discussion

3 Likes

That’s a surprise.
I would have thought Oliver Florent. He was so much better than his 2017 form.

Then again…
I better not comment.
It sound too over the top.

2 Likes

was a fun evening! although the service was a bit slack… took us half an hour to get some champagne, which the waiter then proceeded to spill all over my dad and I, so we smelled delightful for the rest of the evening! Luckily @Hoffy got her glass first!! Got a pic with Timmy though so that made everything alright :smiley:

17 Likes

From that pic, it looks like you & Timmy both enjoyed a few beverages. :laughing:

Awesome. Timmy was my fav player as a kid. Very cool pic.

Cheers for the story.

2 Likes

Trying to think of some other bits and pieces that you might like to hear…

Adam McPhee was there. David Hille was on the guest list but I didn’t see him (dammit!!). Had a quick chat with Rama. TD was in fine form!

3 Likes

19 Likes

was McPhee the waiter that fumbled your champagne?

16 Likes

Would have gone with colyer myself.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing @koala … Great pic’s!

McPhee was there hey.

Fark me I must be a grudge holding old fart.

Keep bending us over everybody. We’ll love youse all anyway. Get ■■■■■■.

Probably means everybody will get triggered when ryder makes an appearance after his port retirement.

1 Like

sigh