Crichton Medal 2019

greetings all!

Details for the Crichton this year:

Date: Tuesday 1st October
Time: 6.30pm for a 7.00pm start
Venue: Plenary, Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
Dress: Jacket & Tie

Includes a three course meal and premium beverages.

Cost: $255 members, $280 non-members

If you’d like to join us, please send me a PM!

• yep, it’s not a weekend
• yep, it’s expensive
• 10. Darren Bewick

4 Likes

Booooooo.

2 Likes

:clinking_glasses:

Live stream and guide: 2019 Crichton Medal

Stay tuned for a live stream of the 2019 Crichton Medal from 7pm AEST, Tuesday, October 1.

The stage is set for the Bombers’ night of nights.

The 2019 Crichton Medal, proudly presented by Yakult, will take place at the Plenary (Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre) on Tuesday night, with over 1000 guests expected.

Limited tickets remaining: Contact Cassidee Grubb at [email protected] to purchase.

If you’re not attending, you can catch all the action via a live stream at essendonfc.com.au .

Simply refresh this page at 7pm AEST to watch from your preferred device.

Below is a rundown of the key timings* and other details you need to know.

*Times may vary slightly on the night

CRICHTON MEDAL VOTING SYSTEM

After each game of the 2019 season (including the elimination final), each player is rated from zero to five by the six coaches, resulting in a minimum of zero votes and maximum of 30 per game.

At the end of the season, each player’s 21 best games are tallied for the final score.

Devon Smith won last year’s Crichton Medal on 370 votes.

AWARDS PRESENTED

John Kilby Trainers & Staff Award

The player that has displayed all or most of these characters; shows respect to trainers and staff at all times, demonstrates a genuine care for wellbeing, drives interactions that are healthy and beneficial to the club and its values.

Voted by: All trainers and support staff

Time presented: 8:13pm

2018 winner: Dyson Heppell

Adam Ramanauskas Most Courageous Player

The player who puts others before himself and best displays courage on and off the field.

Voted by: Match committee (John Worsfold, Ben Rutten, Rob Harding, Mark Harvey, Paul Corrigan, Hayden Skipworth)

Time presented: 8:16pm

2018 winner: Matt Dea

Lindsay Griffiths Rising Star

The player younger than 21 and with less than 10 senior games (as at January 1 of a particular year) to receive the most votes in the Crichton Medal.

Time presented: 8:29pm

2018 winner: Matt Guelfi

Matthew Lloyd Leading Goalkicker

The player who kicked the most goals during the home-and-away season.

Time presented: 8:31pm

2018 winner: Jake Stringer

Hall of Fame inductee

The legendary Kevin Sheedy will take to the stage to welcome the 61st member to the prestigious Essendon Hall of Fame.

The Hall of Fame induction will mark the first in history at the Bombers’ night of nights.

Time presented: 9:31pm

Most Improved Player

The player who has best demonstrated a commitment to excellence. He must have shown clear improvement from previous seasons and a willingness to go above and beyond.

Voted by: Match committee

Time presented: 9:41pm

2018 winner: David Myers

Bruce Heymanson Best Clubman Award

The player that best displays the club and team values on and off the field, having the greatest overall positive impact at the club during the year.

Voted by: Match committee and broader club including representatives from community, events, media and appearances, as well as CEO Xavier Campbell.

Time presented: 9:42pm

2018 winner: Orazio Fantasia

Crichton Medal third place

Time presented: 10:28pm

2018 recipient: Zach Merrett

Crichton Medal runner-up

Time presented: 10:34pm

2018 recipient: Dyson Heppell

Crichton Medal

The Bombers’ highest individual honour, awarded to the best-and-fairest player of the season.

Time presented: 10:38pm

2018 winner: Devon Smith

KEY SPEECHES

CEO Xavier Campbell

Time: 7:18pm

Senior coach John Worsfold

Time: 8:02pm

Just cut to the chase Koala and tell us whether Joey has PM’d you for a ticket yet.

1 Like

He did… but according to Tom Browne, I’ve traded my spare ticket to Sydney for three rounds of drinks and a hangover…

24 Likes

If McKenna has to do a speech, is anyone going to understand him?

1 Like

So it’s on a TUESDAY!!!

Big things always happens on Tuesdays right?? :thinking:

1 Like

Pretty excited to be attending my first ever Crichton Medal!

I manage a couple of the Picket Palace boys in their far less exciting Monday-Friday job and have snapped up a +1 ticket, as they’ll be performing at the event. I guess that makes me a groupie.

Will be sure to keep an eye out for Joey, Raz and any fellow Blitz gimps. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

From past experience at Crichton Medal nights - that is exactly what I am worried about.

1 Like

Trainer & Staff Award - Heppell
Most courageous - Hooker
Rising star - McGrath
Most improved - Redman
Best clubman - Heppell
3rd - Sheil
2nd - Saad
Crichton Medal - Merrett

@theDJR can get a new set of wheels for his VFL escpades.

Rev up your bidding

For those Bombers supporters with a need for speed, a piece of history could be yours!

Through the club’s partnership with the Australian Grand Prix Corporation, a customised Honda CBR650 designed to replicate the 2019 EFC Dreamtime Guernsey will be auctioned off at the Crichton Medal this evening.

Donated by the Australian Grand Prix Corporation, the one-of-a-kind bike will go to auction at the Crichton Medal, with all proceeds going to The Long Walk.

BID NOW

Former Bombers star Courtenay Dempsey was on hand earlier this week to celebrate the arrival of the once-off Honda CBR650 at The Hangar.

The artwork, created by Merryn Apma, celebrates the 15th anniversary of Michael Long’s historic walk to Canberra and with Apma being one of the original walkers alongside the 1993 Norm Smith Medallist, tells the story of the original walk.

Announced in January this year, the strategic partnership between Essendon and the AGPC represents a unique alliance between two of Australia’s most iconic sporting organisations.

The alignment is focused on innovation, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs including The Long Walk, and STEM education to benefit respective fans, members and commercial partners.

I bid $5 dollars.

Do I win??

Pretty sure McGrath has played more than 10 games.

Good point. It will be Dylan Clarke then.

Someone please ask Xavier the tough questions and before he opens his mouth tell him you want an answer not his deflecting dribble

1 Like

Trainer & Staff Award - Dylan Clarke
Most courageous - Stringer
Leading Goal Kicker - Stringer
Rising star - Redman
Most improved - McKenna
Best clubman - Zaharakis
10th McGrath
9th Zaharakis
8th Hurley
7th Parish
6th Stringer
5th - Heppell
4th - McDonald_Tipungwuti
3rd - Saad
2nd - Shiel
Crichton Medal - Merrett

I think @saladin will outbid me on that one.

I’m sure he’ll let you add a sidecar to it.

1 Like

What happened to the cheersquad award? Don’t make me ask at the members’ forum!