Crichton Medal - top 10

My Brother watched on the web. and was brutal about him. I reckon he’s good when he has no restraints, … & I thought he was good, but got stuck often, as he couldn’t go where he wanted too, … and then came up with a few bricks in lieu.

Dirty Laundry was hilarious most of the time, … which is/was impressive for a LIVE show. I miss it.

Brother I think …

Regarding the B&F results and associated criticism of the outcomes.

It early favours players.who.play every match.

Had Zerret played every match he would have won. Hurley would have been top 3-4 and Fantasia not far behind

The B&F heavily favours 22 game players. Perhaps it is right too

I ran into Jobe and Virginia at the end of the night and had a good chat with them, and after a bit, told Jobe about the Family day in 93 after winning the Night GF, and his Dad had announced he’d decided on a comeback, and how he demonstrated what a totally amazing bloke he was/is that day.

I’d run into him there, and I’d asked him to take a photo with my kids, to which he said “sure”, … and I was on an arty B&W kick at the time, and still learning how to set up and use a new camera, and the set up took a while in the shaded gloom of the Windy Hill stand, and he knelt down with his arm around each of them for a good few minutes while I stuffed about and finally took the shot.

I thanked him, shook his hand and he walked off, and then I looked at the settings on the SLR and realised I’d set the aperture arsse about & the picture would be black!!

I called out to him and explained, and he came back and went through the whole painful exercise again, without even a hint of upset or frustration. I’ve never forgotten it, and I would not have thought my respect & admiration of Timmy could rise higher than the level it was already at, but it did.

Upshot here, is that after I’d told that story, I suggested the Dons would be fully primed for a real chance in 2 years and wondered if Jobey might want to follow in his old mans footsteps once again, and make a comeback after a year off, and ultimately achieve the same as him by helping us win a flag as he did, … at which point there was a raised eyebrow and a glint in his eye, and a curious and smiling sideways glance from Virginia, … “well, … you never know I s’pose”…he said.

(Yeeesss!! It’s happening!! :wink: )

11 Likes

Also, @Catherine_Lio, … is it possible that the Crichton could always be on a Thursday night going forward??

It was a great idea this year, it makes it a far easier night to attend & enjoy IMO.

1 Like

“Hey V, go get yourself a drink because this dork wants to take a photo and from what he has just said, it could take a while”.

-J Watson

2 Likes

Lol. Already had got a photo with Jobey after a chat at the open training session for posterity’s sake. That’s why he stopped to say hello and introduce the GF.

Only photo of the night was with Ambo when I asked him to take a selfie with my niece, and was roped into it.

l hope he doesn’t attempt a comeback. The game is only going to get quicker while he is only going to get slower. It would take him too long to recover his touch. He limped to the finish line this season and would damage his legacy trying to come back.

I don’t think he will. Reading between the lines I think he’d love to keep playing but he knows he isn’t up to it any more and had to “move on” like he said in his speech.

1 Like

SEN, engaging clickbit mode have shown a picture of Dyson Heppel in an article claiming the Crichton, and other BNFs are rigged.

Example quoted: Dyson came 3rd, 2 places ahead of Zaka in 2017.

Yes, maybe players do get extra points because they captain the team. If they stand up, when the game is to be won, they do,.deserve extra points.

In the case of Dois vs Zaka, statistically speaking they were close, except Dois was our highest contested possession player, ( almost doubled Zakas) and he won way more clearances than Zaka, ( double)

Looking at the way Dois played, well, he was not at his best, but could have been better and looked a little slow amongst a team that has many . fast players…

I think SEN chose the wrong example to headline their article.

Just keep under-rating us you muppets… that’ll suit us fine.