Cricket Part II

Marsh has to be the luckiest cricketer goin around. Bit like Shane Watson. All the crap coming from selectors an the captain mouths just mean nothing anymore. No doubt there will be nice flat tracks so our batsman get talked about like the greatest bats to play for Australia, oh then we go overseas and play on wickets with bit goin on an they all get shown up again. Especially marsh. An warner to. Our wickets r so bat friendly. I always hope for rain now just to see the ball move around an watch these wannabes just melt. Smith the only one that could walk in to a 90’s test team. Can’t wait for footy season already

1 Like

I’d find him hard to play in one ball.

2 Likes

I’m going down to births, deaths and marriages when I get home to change my sons surname to Marsh, should be available for the Boxing Day test

7 Likes

And the Marsh voodoo continues on.

Geoff played too many tests considering his record.

Shaun has been given too many chances.

Mitch takes the cake. Yet to prove he is first class standard with an average of 28, yet he’s played 21 tests.

Finally, Paine’s 71 not out vs Victoria has limited validity, seeing half his innings was facing Finch and Maxwell.

Fairly strong mail that the Tassie coach deliberately batted on to give Paine extra batting time on the flat deck despite the skipper Bailey wishing to declare.

1 Like

Correct, read an article on it yesterday

Came in when they were on the ropes at 2/230, Doolan creaming everything and Victoria pretty much bowling for a declaration.

1 Like

Brad hodge 6 tests marsh 21 tests fark me…

3 Likes

Are you from or moving to NSW?

Brad Hodge is one of the biggest figjams of all time.

1 Like

My parents live in NSW but reckon WA would be better, the Marsh’s have no problem

I love cricket, I played for 15 years, made it all the way to Dandenong second 11 in my Prime. The cherry on top of it all was being able to sit down during summer and watch test match cricket

But the way this the ACB has handled the national team in petty much the post Warne Gilly era has pretty much sapped the love of the game out of me. Compounded by how ordinary and cringe worthy channel 9’s coverage of it has become.

■■■■ this team they have selected. I would much rather watch a team of green kids like Agar, Renshaw, Bancroft, Ahmed and so on go down in the ashes building towards a new era than this band-aid bullshit that we have been enduring for the last 5 years

■■■■ the boys club, honestly.

12 Likes

Agree with all that. But not at all surprised with anything the selectors have done.

Gil and his boys are probably getting jealous of how much more manipulation the ACB can get away with than the AFL can.

1 Like

Agree with most expect for the soon to be 36yo green kid Ahmed :grinning:

4 Likes

Would still pick Fuzz for every game in the sub continent

Tim Paine has scored 1 century in 150 first class matches. Its simply not good enough for a test keeper. Plus he’s s part-time keeper. Might as well hand the gloves to Handscombe ffs.

1 Like

I read somewhere that this is the 8th time that marsh has been brought back into the team. That can’t possible be legit can it?

It is fully correct.

Having seen the Australian team win just about everything for nearly 20 years, apart from an Ashes tour, I almost couldn’t care less nowadays. I’m a Boof fan but I kinda liked seeing the Bangladesh side shake them up. These days, I prefer the Vic Shield side.

I look back on those days post G.Chappell, Lillee and Marsh when I was really starting to love the game and we had a tyre fire of hopefuls like Jones, McCurdy, Steven Smith (not the current one), Dyson, Tom Hogan, Hogg was on his last legs, Maguire, Rixon, Phillips, Wessels and Yallop who was to be our saviour with the bat and doing those embarrassing Guests Furniture ads. It was around the time Kim Hughes bawled his eyes out and everyone made fun of the fact that he was emotional (most retirement pressers are like this nowadays), then up stepped Border to gradually raise one or two of those names above to bigger and better things following monumental thrashings by the Windies, then the Kiwis and some departures for big rebel tour Rand. Australian cricket was seriously shithouse but it was very enjoyable and satisfying to watch the progression over the next decade. Although I followed that Australian team as a kid, the one thing that might make cricket in general a bit magical for me again would be to see an awesome, ■■■■ kicking West Indies test team again but alas the likelihood of that ever happening again in the professional era, is akin to S.Marsh averaging more than about 16 with the bat this series.

1 Like

Watch Marsh get an uninspiring 70 odd in the first test and cement his spot for the rest of the series, then see him struggle to get another 70 in total.