Cricket Part II

The problem with not enforcing the follow on was that we handed England the most English conditions they were going to get on this tour.

We proved in the last Ashes series in England that we are inept at playing the swinging ball, last night proved that is still very much the case and yet we handed England the conditions in which they were going to play their best cricket and we also gave them those conditions with a brand new ball.

Last night was the only final session where there was significant swing and seam and that is because it is the only final session where the bowling team has had a new ball.

Still feel the Aussies are best place but we had the chance to play attacking cricket, enforce the follow on and blast the English out last night, instead we took the pissweak option and have let them back into the game.

Need to remove Root early tomorrow, or if we are not able to need to capitalise on the new ball when we get it about an hour in to the days play, if Root is still there at lunch, I don’t see how England won’t win. Unless Root gets stuck down the non-strikers end while we rip through the rest of the lineup down the other end.

Can someone also please tell Lyon to bowl over the wicket to the ■■■■■■■ right handed and only use this ■■■■■■■ around the wicket ■■■■ as a change up.

2 Likes

This is why sporting journos suck. Seriously, the sub-headings. Your articles should not be click bait rolled into a swirl of tweets. How about some ■■■■■■■ coverage of the state of play. The nature of test crick will allow the drama to unfold, I don’t need your ■■■■■■ op-ed on it.

If we loose this test (which I don’t think we will) - it will ONLY be because we failed in the second dig, with the willow.

1 Like

I think we are in trouble.

4 Likes

They had some luck yesterday, but to be fair, they were due.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. We only let them back in the game because we got rolled 30 overs early in the second dig. With the new ball in the third session yesterday and a 420 run lead they are just trying to survive.

Getting sick of the articles about what Darren Berry wrote on Twitter about DRS. Also, if you want to be taken seriously you probably shouldn’t call Cameron White and Jamie Cox “greats”. Handy shield players who might have got more than a couple of test caps in different circumstances. Greats? No.

Please, do tell me more about what Darrren Berry and Matt Prior think.
Maybe Warney could talk about it for thirty minutes without a breath.
That’d be ace.

2 Likes

And his love for Hawaiian pizza. Gotta have pineapple.

I reckon we’re cooked

being a journalist is where the easy money is at these days. trawl twitter for outlandish views from “high profile” people, collate with some pretend knowledge with a feint air of superiority, add some images, voila. article submitted!

2 Likes

Starc was bowling some absolute ■■■■■■■ pus last night but ended up 2 for, he tightened up at the end, last spell was better angling in to Root. Hazlewood only started to find his mark late too. Lyon created a few (half) chances. Cummins was okay but finished strongly.

If they keep it tight, Australia wins.

1 Like

We need Root out early.

If he carries his bat/farms the strike they will win.

He copped an absolute ■■■■ canning for putting Australia in to bat. He’d be so determined to get the W here.

Only takes a few quick wickets and their tail is very iffy so hopefully we can get it done

So many poms in my office. The carry on will be unbearable if they get up!

It’s going to be a cracking day of cricket - regardless if it’s a quick wrap up or a drawn out win (to either side).

2 Likes

20 runs to get with nine wickets down would be fantastic.

1 Like

With Anderson and Broad at the crease.

Getting in early on a tie.
You just can’t let an opportunity for good call by me go by.

5 Likes

and then the lights go out.

4 Likes

I hope Smith tarts today’s proceedings with Cummins and Lyon - they have been the two most likely so far this summer.

And just on Smith - hus body language in particular- is he a little too animated at times for a captain? He admit exactly exuding calmness and confidence last night. Of course, I have no idea what he is saying, but at times it looked like he was freaking out last night.

We’ll lose.