Cricket Part II

Mr Big and Mr Silent

They sound like Mr Men character names. Surely if you are doing something dodgy you could come up with better nicknames for yourself?

1 Like

■■■■■■ hell, it’s official. Marsh in for Handscomb

England won the toss and are batting.
Mitch Marsh in as predicted, Boof wasn’t pulling our leg when he said he would be in, a few pints and he was pretty up front

what a terrible decision. 2 Marsh’s in the side again. I never thought I’d see it. Watch the wolves come out when both of them fail.

1 Like

Woakes has a better test and first class batting record than mitch marsh and he bats 8 for england.

3 Likes

And he’s bog ordinary…

1 Like

Hope the boys rip into them. If we can dismiss them for under 200, we can really open up old wounds and also hopefully bat on the best days of the Test, Days 2-3. Mitch Marsh has a worse Test batting averages than the blokes listed at 7-9 in the order. This fascination with all-rounders started in 2005 when Freddie Flintoff won the Ashes for the Poms. Since then we have tried numerous players in that position and the best we had was Watson, who was one of the most maligned cricketers to ever wear a Baggy Green.

1 Like

I just read - Is this the last test at the WACA?

No, last Ashes test.
Tests against NZ etc will be still at the WACA

Wow. So much history.

The new stadium looks nice.

1 Like

It would be sad if the new stadium produced docile, lifeless drop-in wickets like most of the rest of our Test venues. Even the WACA is nowhere near as fearsome as what it was.

Poms off to a fast start 0/17 after 3 overs. Scoring can be very quick at the WACA, especially early.

Cook is cooked

Cook was nowhere near that, he started walking before he was given

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything more plumb than that

1 Like

Here’s a cap for your 150…and here’s Starc for your LBW.

1 Like

Stoneman getting worked over but he still countering when can. Lucky to still be in with a few dropping short of catchers.

ww

6 Likes

Not been watching but if there a few dropping short then that would indicate a lower wicket and the WK and slips need to move up a bit?

Stop ■■■■■■■■ about marsh and back him in you c***s

Go Aussies. I’m going tomorrow, can’t wait

4 Likes

Love your passion WOB!