Cricket Part II

That’s why we brought in Mitchy Marsh.

Our middle order saviour :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Lucky Marsh did a job with ball - 9 solid overs at almost 5 an over. Luckily he managed to sneak a maiden in there.

Apparently, contrary to reports, , … this will be the last Test match at the WACA.

ABC saying plan A was to have lesser tests here still, … but that has been abandoned for Plan B,… any further tests to be at Burswood,… only Chicket, Shield, etc at the WACA from here on, … the philosophy said to be that even tests against lesser sides will pull a bigger crowd at Perth Stadium than would front here.

The waca is awesome. I don’t see the atmosphere being the same elsewhere

1 Like

That’s a dubious call. At some point we will have to host Zimbabwe, if they get 6K in at the WACA, it will look a lot better there than 6K at the new stadium. If good cricket is on, people will go regardless of the venue. On the other hand, you’re not going to get double the attendance hosting the Zimbos at the new area as opposed to the WACA.

I’m a bit confused about it. Given the history, and the uniqueness of the pitch etc,… I don’t understand why they didn’t re-develop it and bring capacity up to 50 60 k as they did in Adelaide. IINM. it’s about the same proximity to the City.

Didn’t have the room??

Much Maligned Middle Man Mitchell Marsh… :thinking:

Hell!

Warner 10 innings at the WACA, … at an average of near enough to 90!!

There’s one fella who is really going to miss the place.

That’s gotta be some sort of record surely? Incredible average.

It is indeed
http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Grounds/GroundTopBatsmen.asp?GroundCode=065&Stat=1

1 Like

The WACA and Gloucester Park are a grouse old skool combination.

1 Like

No hundred for Warner this time.

Usman doing weird things.

GEE that ball had to be doing an awful lot to come back and hit middle

Surely that impact was outside the line…

It’s an outdated dump. Better facilities at grounds in India.

2 Likes

Ouch

I just saw the Bancroft decision, the overturn. Hawkeye is wrong, there was no way that got him well within line. That should have been umpires call because there is no way more of the ball was in line.

India? You mean Zimbabwe.

The Classic Catches segment is the 1st time since 1984 that C9 have acknowledged K Hughes’ existence. They mustn’t have run it past I Chappell first.

1 Like

Shot!

Smith carts Broad with a text book hook for 6.

That’s how it’s done Malan.