Cricket Part II

Pakistan 8/39 chasing 250 in NZ.

What are the odds of that?

Ask the players.
Reckon they’d know.

6 Likes

Geez that’s an ugly scorecard for Pakistan.
Number 10 was the highest score with 16 and New Zealand only used 4 bowlers!

Good effort by the Pakis to get up over Kane Williamson by 1 run

2 Likes

South Africa v India on now, should be entertaining.

1 Like

Really?

Can you give us an acceptable nickname?
I understand that the term you’re objecting to…is objectionable to some, although I also think it’s reasonable to understand when an abbreviation is being used rather than a slur.

Edit: Having said that. I wouldn’t abbreviate ‘aboriginal’, but then I wouldn’t use the long form anymore, either.

1 Like

Furgerson looks like a rubbish 20/20 player, struggles to score at a run a ball and usually struggles to get past 20.

Botha still chucks it

So does the bloke who plays for thunder (naib?) It’s a shocking action, how does he get away with it

3 Likes

Paki is definitely problematic in england/UK, I think it’s a reasonable question to ask about its use here. I wouldn’t.

Then again, gypsy isn’t generally acceptable now either, but you apparently get away with it on here, in soccer threads - and someone was making genuine attempts to justify the general use of mongoloid and negro in the past few weeks.

Agreed!

Why not? My best mate is an aboriginal and that’s the terms he prefers; despises “indigenous”. I’m not a fcking plant!

1 Like

Because some don’t like it.

1 Like

Amd there’s the rub. It’s deeply offensive to some because of the origins of the word. It was used as a slur for a long time. It’s as offensive as he “N” word to a lot of Pakistanis.

Why? Do we need one? I call the Pakistan team the Pakistanis.

Because the majority don’t like it.

As I said to Smythy password many moons ago, I dared him to call Michael Long abo to his face, as he would have ended up straight on his arsse.

So hambo, your mate is in a very small minority with accepting that name, no issues with black fella

Aussies like an abbreviation.
They like nicknames too.
There’s the Windies, the Poms, the Kiwiis…

I’ve got to laugh at Mark Waugh’s nickname. Started off as Junior, now they’re too lazy to even say that in full.

2 Likes

I resent the term Kiwi. I am neither small nor flightless

1 Like

He prefers to be called aboriginal. I would never call him an abo. I wouldn’t call him black fella either even though he calls me rich white guy. Hmm, I think the thread is a little off track. When’s the next test match?