Cricket Part II

The LBW rules are miles worse

No problem with the DRS, but if your bat is behind your pad then you’re not playing a shot.

The pitfalls of midgets on the boundary.

He was playing a shot though
No problem with that decision

1 Like

You don’t think his bat was behind his leg?

It was but he was still trying to play a shot, sometimes you just get beaten by a good ball.
I have no problem with guys being fired for tucking their bat behind their pad

We disagree on what ‘playing a shot’ means, then.
I think it’s tough to hit the ball through your leg.

1 Like

I can’t help that think that our one day selection and game style is a relic of the past.

2 Likes

We’ve gotten rid of match winners like Maxwell and Faulkner, I also reckon Bailey was a bit unlucky and used out too soon.

ODI’s have historically been our strength but our batting looks so sedate and unimaginative the last 18 months or so

3 Likes

Sometimes you just get beaten by a better ball through either turn or movement off the pitch.
Live it appeared he thought the ball was going straight and it bit a bit off the pitch. I don’t know any umpire that would say he wasn’t offering a shot.

Fair enough.
If he missed, then he missed by…about six inches and about half a second?

These are only practice games in preparation for the World Cup. We are always there when it matters at WC’s and I remember people saying the same leading into the WC when we struggled to win games. England will probably win this series but as usual will be no where to be seen at the next WC

We needed 350 on this weekend it seems. Clearly didn’t capitalize enough with the bat, kept getting players out when about to launch and having to restablise.

And bowlers haven’t been able to generate enough chances.

England going to romp this in

1 Like

I reckon both forms of short game have passed us by. Even evidenced by the lack of international T20 cricket in Australia.
I hope I’m wrong.

Zampa doesn’t turn it

2 Likes

Still the reigning WC champs and will be around the mark at the next one.
T20’s I couldn’t give a stuff if we ever win one

He turns it just enough to beat the bat.

What’s wrong with Paine ? He’s been fumbling the whole match.

You will need to change that attitude or stick to tests. In this day and age of short attention spans, T20 will take over.

Smith is a very average captain. Amazing batsman but boring captain.

2 Likes

Anaemic bowling, bland captaining.

1 Like