Cricket Part II

Apart from Zimbabwe I reckon Afghanistan would arguably go close to beating the Windies, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka at the moment. There Under 19 is also going very well. They won the Asian Cup and are already through to the quarters of the World Cup - suggesting there are plenty more young developing players to push through as well.

They also get to inflate their averages.

2 Likes

ICC AWARD WINNERS FOR 2017

• Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year — Virat Kohli (India)

• Test Cricketer of the Year — Steve Smith (Australia)

• ODI Cricketer of the Year — Virat Kohli (India)

• Emerging Cricketer of the Year — Hasan Ali (Pakistan)

• Associate Cricketer of the Year — Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)

• T20I Performance of the Year — Yuzvendra Chahal (6-25 v England) (India)

• David Shepherd Trophy for ICC Umpire of the Year — Marais Erasmus

ICC team of the year

Dean Elgar, David Warner, Virat Kohli, Steve Smith, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ben Stokes, Quinton de K ock, Ashwin Ravichandran, Mitchell Starc, Kagiso Rabada, James Anderson

Alex Carey will make his ODI debut today. Good luck to the former Giant!

Just over 2 years ago he was playing country footy and not deemed good enough to even make it into the Redbacks training squad

1 Like

Go him!

Seems harsh on the Bangers who knocked the Aussies over only 6 months ago. We have short memories

Afghanistan might have knocked us off on that wicket too with that leggy they have and our inept batting against spin

1 Like

It’s no disrespect to Bangladesh more of a compliment to Afghanistan.

1 Like

Joe Root with the big wicket… again

1 Like

and again… what is going on

Stoke’s court appearance coincides with the T20 match so he’s going to be out of the England squad. Much amusement.

1 Like

Travis head Hey?

1 Like

Kiwis are playing some nice cricket at the moment. Shame we dont face the Aussies in a 50 over match. Just the hit’n’giggle

1 Like

They’d smash us.

Pakistan taking the kiwis down to the wire right now

Or not.

1 Like

Little bit of a lean patch but second highest run scorer for us in ODI’s over the last 12 months I think so will be cut some slack.

I know I am going early here but Australia is so conservative with their batting. One of these two needs to kick off now. Waiting for the last five overs is stupid. 7 wickets in hand.

2 Likes