Cricket Part II

Love how you are focused on how brilliant we were in the past and just assume that the game will stay the same and we will keep winning.

Maybe watch more than just the Aussie summer games and you may discover that ODI’s have been undergoing a transformation in how teams approach them since we won the WC.

Aboit 160 short l reckon

I’m well aware of how the game has changed and will continue to do so. I’m confident we will continue to tinker with the side until we have the right balance. Boof has made no secrets that this will happen and we will see a lot of chopping and changing in the next 6-12 months before settling the team down. We have had rough patches before and managed to turn it around in time for the WC and my money is on us being at the pointy end once again when it comes around

This game is another snore fest. I’d way rather watch big bash.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to watch any of the game today, are we seriously playing no spinners

Does Travis Head count?

Also going to through it out there; if our batting goes the same way in the next ODI then Boof should stand down as he’s either lost the plot or his message isn’t getting through to the players.

Can’t bat, can’t bowl.

I know they want early wickets but Starc is so dangerous when he has men back and can then attack the stumps without fear. Early on he’s expensive with the field up and gets a bit tentative because he goes for so many boundaries.

2 Likes

Surprised that so far, England has proven to be a class above Australia in the 50 over format - This would be no surprise if this was in the T20 format.

Nathan Lyon was at home watching the game on tv. Finch and Head went for a combined tally of none for 72 off 10. Crazy!!

Shows you how important ODI’s are considered now.

Lost it at team selection. 3 bowlers ffs.

1 Like

Australia are still doing the accumulate for 40 overs than attack for the last 10 schtick of the previous 20 years.

White is rubbish, he doesn’t score big for a “builder” and doesn’t score quick enough for a middle order player. He’s basically a 20-30 run player at maybe a run a ball.

1 Like

Happy with another win

General thoughts

Very surprised Australia dropped zampa, then to bring in white was just crazy. White can hit boundaries, but when he doesn’t he really really struggles at getting 1s and 2s to keep the runs going.

As long as we got through starc and Richardson we were going to be fine. If starc was able to bowl another few overs Australia might of won.

Good to see Root play the anchor role superbly again, no silly shots- just good sensible batting and letting the hitters attack.

Finch is in really really good touch, just putting everything away.

Smith doesn’t look like himself, probably exhausted after the tests

Why did Marsh not bowl more overs?

Stoinis is not a good bowler, doesn’t have nearly enough control. He leaks a lot of runs, happened during the BBL, happened again last night.

Not sure Head is a good enough bowler at this level to be bowling 7 overs

Australia’s way of building totals seems very old school. You can’t wait until the 40th over to really accelerate, it puts way to much pressure on the guys coming in

There is a massive amount of talent in that aus team, they just look like they need a clear plan on how to build there totals.

Oh and KP it’s the Gabba! Not Gabon

1 Like

Always enjoy IT’s perspicacious comments on cricket. Shows a deep appreciation and insightful knowledge.

Harsh. Usually IT is good, maybe just got frustrated at the poor batting display by the Aussies

1 Like

Isn’t this our 10th loss in a row in ODI’s?

I’m shattered!

But then, I could go to the US politics thread and align myself with Essendon12.

Nothing to do with me.
Your holiday clearly wasn’t long enough.

Jhye Richardson looked very comfortable at international level, could be one for the future