Cricket Part II

i guess we finally have something in common then :wink:

1 Like

That is the weirdest trophy I have ever seen. Is it supposed to be a shaver cap.

Pretty sure you have to have a minimum of 3 fielders on the off-side, but yes, no more than 2 behind square on the leg-side.

2 Likes

Did you do that?

Please say you didn’t

No, not my work but made laugh. A crudely done pisstake of the ridiculous and embarrassing Ashes podium.

More people watched I’m a Celebrity than the cricket last night…

Channel 10 wouldn’t be happy with those numbers given there were less than 55,000 at the cricket.

Our u19 team, who are playing Afghanistan in the WC Semi, are chasing 182 to win. Pace bowlers doing the damage with the Afghan batsmen coping pretty easily with Pope, who went for nearly 6 an over and took 1 wicket from his 6 overs. We may have to put his Test debut on ice, @percebushby :wink:

Australia currently 1/52

1 Like

4/150 31 overs

1 Like

Got the runs 4 down in the 38th over

Vintage performance from Merlo, taking 4-24.

Sutherland (who was predicted to go top 10 if the AFL draft) has really just played a bit part in this comp.

The Wanderers pitch has been rated “poor” by the ICC for the third Test between South Africa and India, which saw heavy criticism from the cricket fraternity. As a result, Wanderers has received three demerit points, which will hang over the venue for a rolling five-year period.

A total of 5 points will result in suspension for 12 months.

Almost as bad as Melbourne’s 2009 season…

Seriously - it was funny to look at but how stupidly bad was that. At least try to make it not look so friggin obvious.* Unbelievable.

*not that you should be rigging games in the first place. Sports gambling and this spot betting has a lot problems.

1 Like

The first stumping is so funny!!

Doesn’t even try to hit the ball and is basically running off back to sheds immediately as it passes him.

You’d think you’d at least try to swing at the ball with your bat and act like been beaten by line.

Who is out in that last run out?

I don’t even think they crossed :joy:

What i don’t understand is who would be taking bets on a completely unsanctioned competition in the Middle East. It’s like betting on park Cricket of course there are going to be players on the take. Not sure what the cricket authorities can really do given it looked like a bunch of old blokes playing for what looks like one last pay day.

This was linked.
The still-pic isn’t in the video. Boooooo.
But it’s quite entertaining.
And 3:35 is something special.