Cricket Part II

It’ll look good if he comes good though.
Got some serious wheels on him (and will probably get a touch quicker) and at his height Oh Boy Wowee!

1 Like

@percebusby would have him on a plane by now.

2 Likes

Head is good. Captains SA, I reckon he’ll play Tests.
Apparently is good at T20 too.

de Grandehomme. Surely that’s not his real name. Surely.

I don’t think I can take much more of this commentary. What is going on? They sound like a bunch of excited teenagers that have overdosed on red cordial.

1 Like

Im a massive fan of Trav as he is a friend of the family and I coached him a bit but he is currently miles off test cricket. Really struggles against spin and is working hard on it but would be a liability currently. Is a very good player in the 50 over format but needs to bat in the top 3, he is ordinary coming in 5-6. He would’ve a fantastic opener in ODI’s. Don’t watch much T20 stuff but he is a pretty good player in that format

1 Like

Has his back gone yet? I still well remember Bruce Reid.

I reckon T20 somehow seems to highlight even more how bad these channel 9 commentators are.
The Big Bash commentators are so far ahead of them it’s not funny.

I’m not convinced Slater is at the ground. He’s watching TV from somewhere with really bad reception, because he generally has no idea where the ball is going.

3 Likes

Warner’s rise was similar, he had a couple of good knocks in a handful of games at FC, went donk in his first game of 20/20 and never looked back

He played 20/20 before he’d played any first class games

IIRC he missed a year for stress fractures in his back.

If I also recall his old man played for the doggies

Great idea, little man ! Pity I didn’t think of it. And I suppose you’ll be sending Travis Head along with him…

His name’s de Grandhomme all right. His old man Laurence played for Zimbabwe; died the end of last year, aged around 60. Colin was close to his father, so he was really cut up about it. He took a few weeks off in mourning. He’s only just back. It’s good to see him doing well again now.

1 Like

Great captaincy by Davy Warner today, btw.

2 Likes

Agree. Blatantly obvious to see the difference between him and Smith in the way they go about it

He smashed a couple of unbelievable domestic one day innings before playing 20/20 for Australia. He made his first class debut after that.

I’m not saying I’d have him in the side yet but IMO he should be in the selector’s minds for the next 2-3 years. He’s what, 23-24?

Just turned 24. He will hopefully get his chance in the test arena, just got to keep working hard on his flaws and start going on with his innings as he gets to 50-70 a fair bit but throws it away at SS level

Stanlake is a promising bowler. Pretty rare to have a 200cm+ player who can bowl 150kph. However, he’s already had back issues and it’s hard to see his body coping with being a fast bowler.

It was a massive shame that Reid didn’t play for a lot longer.

Yeah he’s had back issues already. Hopefully they have worked on his action and strengthening the right back mussels.