Cricket Part II

The move was blocked by cricket victoria. Something about the timing of the move needing cricket victoria approval. Which they didn’t give. He was forced to stay. And no longer wants to move.

It was after the trade period closed. You can still move states anytime but need approval.

Ice cricket?

wtf am I watching

1 Like

that’s what i remember of it, the wanting to go, but vic cricket blocking it. i just figured must have ■■■■■■ some high ups off in vic cricket, and it’s steam rolled from there.

If he was smart, he’d see the writing on the wall, he ain’t getting back in the test team, they will shun him at every oppotunity they get, unless the public is gonna turn on aus cricket every year at his omission, and just focus on making as much money via 20/20 cricket as possible.

once you’ve been marked by the boys club that is aus cricket, you are not even rated as second class scum.

Maddinson dropped by NSW. Already rumours he was quitting the BBL Sixers, now rumours are that he may be heading to another state for Shield.

Is John Snow playing?

3 Likes

He just about quit last year after getting dropped from the Test side, after about 20 runs in 6 knocks. He hasn’t made a run against the red ball this year, so it’s not hugely surprising he hasn’t been picked ahead of Cowan and Dan Hughes. I guess he’s ■■■■■■ that they went with Larkin who has also been pretty poor this season.

This is the problem with picking guys off shithouse form (as the selectors did with him last year). It sends mixed messages, and when you subsequently drop the guy when he’s still got shithouse form, they’re understandably non-plussed.

I genuinely don’t know if he’d get into many Shield sides. Probably Tassie, they like baby blue caps more than Aussie selectors. I think he (like Chris Lynn) really should focus more on the short forms.

This timely article discusses the move to NSW amongst other things. Provides some context behind why Maxwell isn’t a favourite of the Aussie setup.

I agree. His technique is pretty poor in longer forms and his temperament is shaky at the best of times. He is a very loose player. T20 is something he should just focus on and he can travel around the world and get paid very well. His has the ability and technique for that game.

That article reinforces something for me: Warner likes him, Ponting likes him, Mark Waugh likes him. Smith and Lehmann not so much.

Waugh is correct, as long as he is performing and doing it consistently, it doesn’t matter if you don’t like him.

I like Smith but the growing perception is that he plays very strong favourites and that influences Lehmann who doesn’t want to upset Smith and they influence the selectors decision making.

Now that is not always a bad thing but sometimes it means that decisions are not always made for the best reasons and in fairness. If you were offering Maddinson or Henriques verses Maxwell, you should always go Maxwell. They don’t.

In the ODI’s they went Lynn over Maxwell and they shouldn’t have. He can bat but due to injuries he can’t field well and he can’t bowl.

4 Likes

He has a better first class average than either Marsh,Henriques, Handscombe and many others. Also bowls, and is one of the best fielders in the country. Never have understood why he has been treated like he has been.

They’re talking about Maddinson. Are you?

Ah … no. Thank you.

And ignore me.

3 Likes

i am certainly a certified cricket tragic. sitting here at 10pm watching ice cricket at st. moritz. playing on an ice lake sewag made a quick fire 40 odd hussey lost patience and holed out. andy symonds is just nudging it around 4/128 off 15 overs.

1 Like

I just realised they’ve been doing cricket wrong for 150 years.

Clearly it was meant to be played in the snow.

2 Likes

Haha yep, I’m watching ice cricket on a Friday night.

Mind you I did flick to Winter Olympics and heard Basil Zemphilas so I flicked back

wtf am I watching?

1 Like

snow bunnys or more cheer leaders wouldn’t go astray

“And here comes Madagascar, a country we all know thanks to the movies”

Don’t know how some commentators keep getting gig sprouting tripe like that

1 Like

Cam White 100 not out for the Vics…6-304 chasing SA’s 379…Handscomb duck