Cricket Part II

He’s done well.

Lunch: VIC trail by 31 runs
Vic 8- 348, White 131, Holland 0

and is there even a spectator?

Matthew Wade has just picked up 3-14 against Queensland bowling little medium pacers.

Might get a few hundred there tomorrow but still pretty hot today and district and local cricket on. I don’t mind heading to the SS on a weekday as you have the place to yourself

1 Like

I’m tempted to catch a few sessions for upcoming Vic vs Qld at the G.

Isn’t he up around the 135km/h mark?

IIRC not quite that quick but really surprising amount of bounce, considering his pace and height.

1 Like

I was only going off one over on YouTube haha.
His quickest was 132.5 or thereabouts with a couple in the mid 120s so a bit short of 135

Vics get South Aust all out in 2nd innings for 243. They lost 5/35 this morning
Vics need 252 to win. Interesting chase ahead.

Sayers is hooping it around early, Dean looks like getting out every second ball but is toughing it out and if you guys can get through the first 20 or so overs intact it should be a comfortable win.

From what I saw of the end of the South Aust innings Boland was getting plenty of movement with the older ball. But Vics have a good chance to win this.

Vics 3-94 with Handscomb and White at the crease.

Sayers 0 for 100 plus for the game.

Chadd struggling to get back into a groove, bowled well this morning and at times in their first innings but looks like a bloke who has played only a couple of days in the last 2 months. With no T20 and district in Adelaide losing days to weather this is his first decent hit out since before Christmas

Tea, and Vics need 143 in final session.

Not sure how many overs they have to get them. Anyone know?

Roughly 80 overs in total, I think. I heard them say 81 and SA didn’t hang around long after that.

88 to win in a little over 30 overs. Handscomb on 68 and White 26.

cheers for that

so it’s 70 off about 30 overs 3/170 (50th over)

On the commentary, they just said 80 off 27.

77 overs in total.

1 Like

Couple of sixes by Handscomb off Lehmann’s full-bungers.

Now 3-194 with Handscomb 86 and White 36.

58 needed off 23.

White caught behind off Lehmann for 50. Handscomb on 99.

4-222.

30 runs off 18 overs.

All over Red Rover. Handscomb not out on 114 and Short on 14. 12 overs to spare.

1 Like