Cricket Part II

Could have been if the BCs had of bowled better. Pretty easy win by n the end fir Australia.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right, but mentally a score like that would feel like a big challenge, even with the short boundaries. Not a good match for the bowlers!

Reckon the wanderers in SA is similar size, same as the one in Port-of-Spain in tje Caribbean. Wanderers is also played at altitude so the ball travels faster, hence why we couldn’t defend 434 in a ODI there.

Also with this match, they scored 119 more runs than in the WC final 3 years ago

1 Like

7 Likes

I don’t give a stuff about the size of the ground, if a team is able to chase down 243 with seven balls to spare, it shows what a complete and utter bullshit form of the game T20 is.

Cricket administrators will slowly kill the game off with this crap. Yes it introduces new spectators to the game, but do you think anyone who only buys into the game through T20 cricket, is ever going to pay to go to a Test match or even watch one on TV?

1 Like

That bowler’s action looks a bit suspect…

2 Likes

I’ve been involved in prk cricket over the pst 10 years: absolutely yes. 100%
Already happening. Gets heaps of kids into the game, plenty end up getting interested in Tests. Roaring, unmitigated success.

As for adults who only get into cricket through T20? Yeah, maybe.

1 Like

I don’t mind the backyard sized grounds and flat pitches in T20.
Call me crazy (and no doubt some of you will) but for my own personal enjoyment I prefer to see ridiculously high scores in T20 and ODI (I’m talking 200 and 325+ respectively) whereas I find low scoring tests good to watch.

You’re crazy

Not as crazy as Eastie_boi

WA 3/49, go out and umpire my local team for 10 overs and on return see they have been rolled for 67 and are following on lol

1 Like

I’m crazy

Good to see Renshaws back in form with a 170

2 Likes

I was watching India vs South Africa last night and they said V Kohli has captained 46 ODI games and is averaging 82 in that time, and as captain of test matches he is averaging 67 on top of his 52 average in T20s.

These numbers are insane.

3 Likes

I played cricket with a bloke called crazy. Had it tattooed across his knuckles and all. Was great for sledging, mostly because it was so absolutely apprent it was a prison tatt - he resumed his career after serving 5 for armed robbery.
Genuinely nice bloke. Drugs are bad.

The Vics have been pushing Will Pucovski for a year or two now and he hasn’t done much (and had a couple of bouts of concussion - one fielding IIRC). Finally come good with a ton today.

Vics 3-233 with Pucovski on 111 and Cam White on 62.

They’ve given Eamonn Vines a go recently too…glad they’re doing this rather than bringing in some 30-yo journeyman who’s overlooked everywhere else. Ditto Matt Short.

Edit…and White’s out, bowled Steketee

Heading for another tame draw at the MCG by the looks. 4 Shield game in a row that looks like heading for a draw there and throw in the test and it means no results there for a whole season. Surely this means a heap of offseason work on some new pitches

1 Like

The drop ins must have a use-by date. They must also have a peak period. Not sure what they cost etc, but they should aim to change them over as needed to keep them at their peak.

Yes, I mentioned this during the test match. Still pretty new technology and wouldn’t be a lot of data on them yet but being in a metal solid tray you would think there becomes a point in time where there becomes no movement in the soil. I’m sure the MCG will have it back to top notch sooner than later

1 Like

Great start for Nick Winter at SS level. 3x 5fa’s in his first 4 innings.

2 Likes