Cricket Part II

SA have been set 189 for an outright win. We’ll need Copeland to work some magic with the Duke if we’re a chance.

Saw that - do you know what type of bowler he is? Cricinfo has nothing on him

Left arm seamer

And that’s all I’ve got.

Watched one of the highlights, looked OK.

1 Like

Left arm seamer. Has a pretty good action but what sets him apart from most lefties is he has the ability to bring it back in sharply to right handers. 8 of his 10 this game were Bowled or LBW.

4 Likes

Drop in pitches - Nothing new about their use - John Maley produced some corkers all of forty years ago in the time of WSC.

1 Like

NZ lost to England but still qualify for tge tri series final. Why aren’t 9 broadcasting it? Only cricket in Australia matters to them?

https://www.cricket.com.au/video/nick-winter-five-wicket-haul-new-south-wales-v-south-australia-sheffield-shield/2018-02-18#!

1 Like

would he do ok on English pitches in 2019???

I’m pretty sure they put in a bid for the rights, but didn’t get it,

Think Foxtel has the rights for it in a deal with the NZ broadcasters

I’d definitely keep an eye on him and his domestic form. Swings the Duke ball prodigiously

Siddle doing some early damage picking up 3 wickets.

1 Like

QLD recover, now 4/125 with the opening bowlers Fuzz Ahmed (!!!) and Sids sharing all 4 wickets.
Looks like Vic are trying everyone.

All done, they’ve called it a draw.

18 wickets in the best part of 4 days.
Thankfully for the Vics they play their last home game at the Junction oval and also have 2 away games. They should be sitting close to top not down near the bottom

1 Like

I think even the most pro one eyed Vic has to admit the MCG wicket is a dud this summer, Ace has been spot on with his criticism.
To have every game there this season drawn, is a poor reflection on the pitch, & also might have cost the Vics a spot in any possible finals action this season. You need outrights to have any sort of finals action & that ain’t gonna happen now.

With the table being so tight they are still a chance but would probably need to win 2 of their last 3. The MCG pitch has definitely hurt them big time though

“Teenager Jarrod Freeman could become the first cricketer born in the 2000s to play Sheffield Shield cricket after he was named in Tasmania’s squad to take on NSW in Sydney this weekend.”

2 Likes

Sheep shaggers in bother in the T20 final on the postage stamp - 7/103 after 13.

Good start with Guptill 21 and Munro 29. Taylor still there on 19. Agar 3/27 off his four. All bowlers with a wicket.

Now 7/106

Southee holes out to Maxwell off Richardson.
8/110 off 13.4

3 Likes

Chris Lynn did his shoulder fielding?