Cricket Part II

Steve Smith’s technique I can’t even

One of the strangest techniques I have seen. But amazingly he makes it work for him.

I find it quirky how Smith out of nowhere long after a defensive shot, will flash the blade around like its Excalibur. It’s utterly ridiculous but I like it.

What I really, really, really don’t like is seeing quite a few younger suburban cricketers (roughly 18 and under) I’ve played against impersonating his technique.

2 Likes

It was a lot worse when young bowlers started imitating Murali’s action.

We had a young Sri Lankan bloke at our club. All I can say is that it was a good thing he was a great keeper, because there’s no way he’d have been allowed to bowl.

1 Like

There’s a plethora of them in park cricket. One club brought a Sri Lankan bloke over as their only paid player, he got called for chucking first week, and second week, and ended up playing every other game in the 2s.

1 Like

See what I mean by the value of a 38 against the new ball.

He saw it off and what are these middle order chumps doing?

Come on Mitch Marsh.

270 willl be par.

Rabada’s shoulder bump on Smith not worth a single replay by the home broadcaster. Way worse than what Lyon did. Shoukd not be playing next test.

1 Like

oh ■■■■

Warner’s innings looking pretty good so far.

Rabada on a hattrick here…

Edit: Starc survives.

243 is ■■■■■ from where were.

Worse than what Lyon did, but still not worthy of anything. Just a nice bit of spice.

2 Likes

Disagree HAP. Rabada has terrible form on this front and will cop a suspension, probably multiple matches.

Yet again lots of starts in the top order, but nobody cashing in and getting a big score. Bancroft 38, Warner 60-odd, Smith 20-odd, Marsh 20-odd. Paine 36 but he was batting with the tail. To be 0-98 then 243 all out is a fair collapse. We will have to bowl very well to have a 1st innings lead.

Agree. You can’t do that.

1 Like

WA like capitulation. God our worst is terrible

2 Saffer officials joined in with the crowd and wore SBW masks. Classy bunch

3 Likes

Jason Gillespie on Rabada: “He could be in a bit of strife. Contact is frowned upon, accidental or not. Unfortunately in this series so far … there’s so many issues.”

Didn’t look accidental to me.

The rule speaks of avoidable contact, which it unmistakably was. Rabada lifted his arm to make contact.

1 Like