Cricket Part II

Pm sent I think

2 Likes

The LBW law is from a bygone era where the ball dominated the bat. It has had a few tweaks along the way - most notably the not playing a shot hitting outside off - but I don’t see why on an overall basis it still needs to be so in favour of the bat. If the ball is going on hit the stumps then it should be out no matter where it pitched or hit the batsmen. I’m even talking outside leg - but this comes from me a leg spin bowler.

2 Likes

I can’t agree with the pitching outside leg part. That would encourage negative cricket that would be really bad for the game

1 Like

Cricket is a bowler’s game. I say that because as a bowler you can bowl truckload of garbage, come back on, adjust and still take wickets. As a batsman, you pretty much have just one chance. Make a mistake, gone. No problem with the lbw law.

Bang bang! Starc and Hazel! Come on boys. Two more.

Amazing how the momentum swings, 3 wickets in quick succession and pressure back on them & it’s very very hard to score at present.

With the way it’s reversing their tail will contribute next to nothing.

One more wicket hopefully ABD and then De ■■■■ will be in and the boys will be into him big time

Edit. And another. Make that 4 wickets!

What a difference a few months in sport makes, my man, the Bison!

Good fightback by the bowlers. AB standing in the way though. Need to quickly finish the innings and work on a lead tomorrow. No idea how much will be needed. Reverse swing is deadly, pitch will break up for Lyon, SA bats have found some grit. Probably a good thing we aren’t chasing in the 4th innings.

Test cricket. How good?

Rabada charged a level 2 offence for his bump on Smith. Could face a 2 game ban

1 Like

Just saw the replay of Lyons ball to bowl DK. What a beauty, if he doing that now saffers will be in all sorts from him in 4th innings.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/cricket/australia/ball-of-series-fells-de-■■■■!668838

Hopefully we can get the tail out cheaply tonight and then put a decent score on board to defend

2 Likes

A.B.DeVilliers has looked a class above any SA batsman in the first two tests - If only he had more support.

Match winning partnership between ABdV and Vern.

Score?

8/317 - a lead of 74. AB just reached his ton.

1 Like

Maharaj is sooooooo lucky. Such a dumb thing to do

Surprised usman claimed the catch to be honest

1 Like

Brilliant nut. Lyon is a top line asset these days.

Well we’ve lost it now.

Dang. This is basically what Marsh plus the tail did to them in 1st test.

Need to get these kents out quickly. Can’t believe Maharaj has clipped Starc for three 4’s in one over.

Our batting lineup going to have to play out of their skins to post a total good enough to defend

Lunch
South Africa all out and lead by 139 runs