Cricket Part II

Mountain to climb for us to get back into it. We’re ■■■■■■

Rabada gets Warner with a great ball but then wrecks it by getting in his face again. Surely he is gone for the remainder of the series now.

If Khawaja fails again, then it’s time to fly Maxwell over and bat him at number 3.

1 Like

Renshaw would have to be next in at the moment based on his 3 centuries on the trot.

3 for minus 62

Bancroft once again cements his career with an unconvincing 24.

It’s not what you know!

1 Like

Not good.

Disappointing day, we’ve thrown it away with ball and now bat.

And another one gone
And another one gone
Another one bites the dust.

Trivago

This is Usman’s innings now. He gets us some kind of halfway decent lead and I’d be happy with that.

1 Like

Aaaand he gets out with minutes left in the day’s play. That’d be game SA I’m thinking.

Bancroft and usman need to go

Top order is seriously exposed if Smith or Warner don’t fire.

True of any side.
Almost inevitable - when you’re facing a world class attack - that they’re going to have a game where they run through you.

We’re well behind at this point, but I feel a last day target of 150 could be difficult.

1 Like

How good is Allan Border de Villiers. Hope he doesn’t retire.

2 Likes

If he wasn’t run out by his partner in Durban, we may not have got him out in thus series yet. Unbelievable player who is also great to watch.

I know what you mean but it just seems like if those two don’t score big none of the top 4 do. Marsh and Paine need to just bat time as long as possible here. 150 lead would be a great achievement at this point.

Usman was top score this innings!
They’re certainly a class above whichever combo of SMarsh/Bancroft/Usman/Renshaw/Rogers we’ve had with them, which shouldn’t really be any surprise.

Yeah, Usman got 70 odd but really needed to go on to make 100 plus. Yes, it’s obvious Smith and Warner are a class above but it’s still concerning that only half of our top order are reliable.

It’s not reality to have 4 x Steve Smiths.

I think Bancroft invariably (well, except for that one decision v Vernon) gives a solid effort and makes the bowlers work for his wicket. Usman is as phlegmatic as they come. You would like to see him mature this year or next, as Shaun Marsh did.