Cricket Part II

Marsh out first over. Not looking good, need to get them chasing minimum above 150 to give us any chance at all

Mitch Marsh out for 45, bowled by Rabada after the ball hit his pad and took off stump out of the ground. Only just stayed behind the line too. We lead by 50 with 4 wickets in hand. Will do well to have a lead in triple figures by the time we have to bowl again…

I don’t often jump in early like this, but, we’re screwed.

4 Likes

Any lead over 100 will be a tense chase. Still easily doable. If Cummins and Starc can stick around they can push the score up

cough

Rabada on fire. They will miss him.

What is the status of Steyn? Is he any chance of playing in the series?

So Rabada is facing the music for both Smith and Warner now. No chance of playing the next test.

I think he was trying to be ready for the 3rd test.

1 Like

Effective score 9/84

All out. They need 101 to win.

Poor batting again and I reckon every last over or so before a break we’ve lost a wicket in both tests. One good partnership here would have made it interesting but the game is done now. 1-1.

1 Like

Not sure Warner is that far above the rest. Smith is a freak.

1 Like

Don’t even expect one more Steve Smith. Would settle for a David Boon.

Warner has gone into his shell a little bit over the last year. Has been good, but not destructive - which is what we need him to be to win games

Our batting has been our weakness for quite some time now and it was bound to get shown up against their bowling attack which is arguably the best in the world.

I believe his only overseas 100’s have been in SA and 1 in Bangladesh this year…totally agree with your sentiment

1 Like

Warner averages 38 away vs 59 home.
Significantly lower strike rate too
http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerHomeAway.asp?PlayerID=3637

2 Likes

AB vs Smith is an amazing subplot

SA doing everything in their power to blow this. That shot by Amla was awful.

Oh wow 4 for.

That really sucks we weren’t able to have at least another 100 on the board to defend.

Tight series nonetheless. Rabada will be big loss for them in next test assuming he’s gone.