Cricket Part II

Vics 6-101

Fekete 10 for.

Finch and White 4 each.
Dean 46 and Christian 35 the only contributors.

Winter 4 out of the 6 wickets for SA.

They had been split for a year I thought I read.

Raining in Adelaide so can’t see any more play happening today

Question. Why do so many people seem to get hit on the head by bouncers now. I swear when I was growing up, you might see maybe one guy get hit on the helmet each summer.

Now it seems to happen almost every second test.

Are players not being taught how to play it anymore?

Are they too over confident in their own abilities?

1 Like

Their helmet and the suit of armour mean there’s just not the necessity to keep your eye on the ball.

4 Likes

They had been. She knew it, he had moved out, she also knew he was in another relationship as he had been spending time with the kids with his new misses.

The old one is just trying to develop her writing blog and is using this as the spring board because it makes news. She is a media troll and they will keep using her until even they get sick of it. Then she will write about the media breaking up with her without telling her.

Some ugly scenes in the final over and at the end of this game on Friday. The dressing room door was also smashed.

1 Like

Your video doesn’t work, well at least for me. I found others. That was bizarre and the captain has been rightly penalised for his behaviour. Just as well the players ignored him as they ended up winning.

They’ve taken the video down. Probably due to copyright.

I also found the Bangladeshi player holding back the Sri Lankan player whilst he was giving someone a ‘spray’ very interesting. Reminded me of an event that took place in South Africa recently. Media very quiet about this one, even though it was on the field of play. The whole thing was a monumental shitfight.

With all these over 30’s in the Vic team, it looks like time for a rebuild or at least an injection of young talent next season.

That plus a livelier MCG pitch should help them remain a competitive Shield team, even if they do get bugger all national representation

White and Christian were both dropped earlier this year.

It’s getting to the end of an era for Christian/White/Siddle/Finch (and big Bob).

Problem is they all keep making runs & taking wickets.

I reckon they should play all Shield games at the Junction Oval. It’s a better facility and the deck there produces better cricket than the turgid track at the MCG. We have 4 home draws in 4 games at the 'G, probably cost us a spot in the final as you’d at least expect to win if not all, at least 2-3 games on your home ground.

Or they could fix the G?
The MCG is the home of cricket in Victoria and I hate seeing state sides shunted out to suburban grounds

They’ve appointed a new curator, he used to look after the WACA, so see how that goes. But I’ve been to a Shield game at the MCG. Work had us in there for a PD day and we used some of the function rooms there. Victoria were playing Queensland and there would’ve been lucky to be around 50-100 people watching it. In a 100K seat stadium it was soulless. I reckon you’d get more people going, especially on weekends, if it was at a more boutique venue as JO is. It was renovated to host some domestic cricket. Would be great. I remember in the late 90s they used to play Mercantile Mutual Cup games at Punt Rd. Was sensational sitting on the hill and watching the game…

1 Like

Got me stuffed why Richmond don’t play GC/GWS at Punt Road.

As the Junction oval is the home of Victorian cricket, expect a 3-2 or 4-1 games at the junction oval.

Been there recently? It’s a piece of crap that is actively dangerous once you get a couple thousand in there.

1 Like

Not since the preseason game in 2016?
Seemed alright then, but admittedly I didn’t explore far.

Edit: Or was it 2015?

Wtf? Rabarda got off?

Good.

5 Likes