Cricket Part II

Going to need to get them in the first session and give them over 200 to chase on the last day. Yeah, hopefully the pitch really starts breaking up soon. Not before we’ve made a few more on it though!

2 Likes

I think that India will probably be bowled out for 420 and we’ll see an Aussie batting collapse in the second innings leaving India with about 180 to chase and on the final day.

India’s batting also collapses, leaving the game to be decided in the last 5 overs of day 5.

1 Like

SA roll Tassie for stuff all to almost guarantee a spot in the final

Would not be surprised at all. And Virat is the only Indian bat holding it together till the end.

That would be crazy finish. The way this series seems to be going, it could well happen.

1 Like

I think more likely is that India make around 530, we lose a few early wickets and then try and draw the match.

1 Like

Can’t see India posting that high a total. Pujara is playing the lone hand now, not much batting come after him. Jadeja can bat but isn’t reliable.

I’m thinking both sides going in after the first innings almost even and then chaos shall ensue in the second innings.

For all the criticism of the pitch it has played pretty well and been quite banal, I’m thinking late on day 4 and day 5 it will be a different story.

India get lucky with that. Looked out.

That’s because you are a pessimist. So far you have been wrong almost every call you have made. Do you do it on purpose to jinx the other side? You do it in the footy as well.

You don’t know me so don’t tell me what I am, jerkwad. And I’m sorry but what calls would that be? If you’re telling me I get “almost every call wrong” then be my guest and back that up of which my comments you don’t agree with. Unless you want to go back them up, you should kindly fck off. If you want to refer to the Maxwell one I made about a day back about my “inb4” joke post, which was based off a majority of his previous innings and a tongue in cheek post which some people took offense to because I thought he was only gonna make 20, I think everyone was surprised he put on a 100. Well played to him, but don’t tell me you were sitting there expecting him to put a 100 on. Oh, and just like everyone else I’ve made a prediction about the days play, which on a pitch playing like a road still and with one batsmen starting the day on 130+ and the other on 30 it’s not too hard to think that they might finish the innings with a 80 odd run lead, is it? Now that might turn out to be wrong, but it’s not pessimistic to think if another player can support Pujera then they should and could whittle away our lead.

And you referring to footy, which I think you’ve just got from my comments on Zaka because usually I’m positive, I’m actually optimistic on him and want him to do better. It’s the other people that are saying “don’t expect things from him because he’s not good”. I actually think he’s capable of some great stuff. If you have issues with things I say then how about going into that thread and giving your point of view instead of being a Yaco. How about giving me some of your optimistic calls that turn out well?

Anyway, back on the cricket, appears the umpire was gonna give the guy out until he realised the appeal was poor so he did the old Billy Bowden change his mind half way through giving out.

Geez man, relax, take a chill pill.

I’ll be more relaxed when take a wicket.

How good has Pujara been? Excellent batting.

This looks like deadlock until the new ball is due.

He was out in 22

Disaster that session. No creativity either to try to get a wicket.

Yeah, probably too defensive. Kind of didn’t mind in a sense. Smith was kind of saying “if you want to win this you’re going to have to take risks” where India have just ticked along and are letting it drift into some kind of lead.

This game is gone. Draw or India win the only likely results now.

draw only