Cricket Part II

I can easily see us bowled out for less than 100 here. Especially if we have to bat tomorrow.

2 Likes

Bangladesh…play so well, and yet single-handily keep losing on their last innings chases. Chasing 190 odd on the last day after SL added a good 100 odd from their last few batsmen. The Bangers are 2/26 early in their chase.

They did the same against NZ after a last innings collapse after they made 600 odd in their first innings,

I agree. They will try to bat as long as possible and at their current rate will be 150 in front by the end of the day. They’ll throw the ball to Jadeja and Ashwin tomorrow and hope we crumble. Past history suggests that’s a good possibility.

2 Likes

If they bat through two more sessions (including a new ball) that will be some damn innings. Incredible. Nearly 2 and a half days. Not saying they can’t but I don’t think it’ll happen. They’ll end up with a lead of 50-100 and we’ll have most or slightly more than a session to survive today and get our noses in front far enough tomorrow they can’t chase it down in time.

Next venue pitch is supposed to have some bounce and carry to suit us a bit better. Until the curator sets it on fire, that is.

Lol. CB may have been optimistic.

Pujara about 50 balls faced away from batting the longest ever innings by an Indian.

Pretty uninspiring captaincy

1 Like

I can’t understand Maxie only having two overs to his name and Smith not having a few himself

2 Likes

I think he is captaining to not lose instead of trying to Win. If he restricts the run rate India shouldn’t make enough to get so far in front, unless we do the typical Aussie collapse

It couldn’t be anything else. Definitely playing for the draw now and hoping they can’t get too much of a lead in case said collapse happens which on day 5 in India…

Wade’s simple dropped catch is going to hurt big time

Terrible bowling imo. But then they are probably just being told to try and stop runs and not take wickets.

Bowling defensively would be crazy. They need the wickets. India would be stoked with batting all day for a 100 run lead

There’s been a few VERY suspect things the Bangas have done on the field the past couple of months

Can’t stand this anymore. It’s ground hog day

It’s true. But you’ve been waiting all series to say it.

I go back on what I said earlier. They’re going to bat all day and probably half of first session tomorrow and we’ll be trying to survive 2 and a half sessions on what will suddenly be a minefield and Jadeja will have the map for it.

Longest innings ever by an Indian (BF).

Slowest double century is 548 balls. It’s a chance

1 Like

Saha might have passed him by then.